Hurts

gtg391z

Jolly Good Fellow
He could want to be an engineer and a rhode scholar and he still would not transfer to Tech and play in our offense.

bigsands

Jolly Good Fellow
He will probably stay at Alabama, but change positions. Question is WR or RB? Both are legit options, I think he should give RB a shot first. He is a tremendous athlete. Would be a good BBack at GT.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Honest question: can Jalen do algebra? Or, even read? Neither of those are necessary or taught at Alabama
giphy.gif

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Tough night for the kid. He's a heck of a player, but not what Bama needed in that game last night. I'm not 100% sure the other kid will take the reigns from here on, though. UGAg's run D was good, and they were ready for a run-heavy gameplan and a heavy dose of Hurts running it himself. The freshman came in and slung it around with huge cajones. Hurts may still win the the job in the spring, though. IMO, Bama could add power option plays with him in there and dominate on the ground.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Tough night for the kid. He's a heck of a player, but not what Bama needed in that game last night. I'm not 100% sure the other kid will take the reigns from here on, though. UGAg's run D was good, and they were ready for a run-heavy gameplan and a heavy dose of Hurts running it himself. The freshman came in and slung it around with huge cajones. Hurts may still win the the job in the spring, though. IMO, Bama could add power option plays with him in there and dominate on the ground.

Hurts fits the style of play Ala wants to play. UGA took that away and put ALA in a hole. Saban made a courageous call to go with his best chance to throw the ball which was required to come from behind to win. I wish CPJ would go to his best QB for the situation (Marshall is not the best he has if the team needs to throw a lot and he may not be the best on a very wet field). This was a good "lesson learned" concerning Saban's decision to go with a less experienced (higher risk) QB BUT the best chance to win the game. I hope my favorite stubborn coach was paying attention.