Hurricane Maria looks like it's going to take the same path as Irma

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Very unlikely to affect our games, but have to watch this one a lot more than Jose. Should stay at sea after raping the Caribbean islands; but if it hits the US it'll be probably be mid-week in 9 days or so.

That said, our games matter little compared to the devastated lives from this hurricane season.

All my devices have this coming up regularly now: https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/atlantic/2017/hurricane-maria

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We use an internet site
Google hurricane spaghetti models and u get Daves spaghetti models.

He puts up the us based models and the European models. Also he goes live on Facebook. Was very helpful on turn of irma. Also points out the things that might impact the essential variables like the high pressures that steer the storms. Good luck

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Looks like the Carolinas may have to brace for another Hugo.
Eastern NC has this storm focused in. I was all set to make my Fall shrimp buy until this girl popped up. ATL will be fine. The N Atlantic high is much weaker now than ten days ago, so the turn north should happen sooner. Relax. Enjoy the game. I may be putting up shutters.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if hurricane Maria will affect GT football games in the next week or week and a half?

http://www.yahoo.com/news/hurricane-maria-following-irmas-path-233756453.html

Before Irma got to Florida, TWC and others were talking about how similar the path of Jose was to Irma. They were hyping that South Florida was going to get hit twice in a row. At the beginning, the path might have been similar, but it was drastically different by the time it got to mainland USA. With Maria, there is only one computer model that even predicts the eye will touch the mainland. The so called news and weather sites are hyping everything. I think it is far too early to be overly concerned about Maria. Be prepared, but not overly concerned.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Before Irma got to Florida, TWC and others were talking about how similar the path of Jose was to Irma. They were hyping that South Florida was going to get hit twice in a row. At the beginning, the path might have been similar, but it was drastically different by the time it got to mainland USA. With Maria, there is only one computer model that even predicts the eye will touch the mainland. The so called news and weather sites are hyping everything. I think it is far too early to be overly concerned about Maria. Be prepared, but not overly concerned.
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Exactly!

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
I believe I read they had evacuated the entirety of Antigua and Barbuda. Just think about islands of trash getting hit by 100mph winds. The ocean will be full of trash and these islands are going to look like empty lots.
I heard they evacuated everyone from Barbuda (about 2k) to Antigua (much bigger).

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
I don't know how people live in the Caribbean. Seems like all the panic/devastation we get from hurricanes on the mainland has to be small potatoes compared to what those islands face.