Hulu live dropping Fox regional sports channels

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
The two legal online stream options available from the local ACC RSN Duke at GT game (with a qualifying TV service provider account login).

Fox Sports Go

Watch ESPN
I don’t think these links will work for those of us that have Hulu or YTTV. If anyone has a link that might work that isn’t tied to TV service credentials, please share. Thank you.

GTFLETCH

Banned
AT&T TV Now has a free trial period. You have seven days to try out the service before being charged, so you can always cancel if you don't like it. They carry RSNs

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
AT&T TV Now has a free trial period. You have seven days to try out the service before being charged, so you can always cancel if you don't like it. They carry RSNs
This is a good way to do it for the RSN right now since Sinclair is price gauging and YouTube and Hulu have dropped them.

Pro tip when it comes to most free trials as well. It’s usually tied to your email, so an email can only sign up for the free trial once. However, if you add “+1” to the end of your email handle, ie [email protected], you can get the free trial again and the email is still your original email in case it needs any sort of verification. You can continue to just increase the number by one each time the trial runs out. This won’t work for YouTube TV as their free trial is tied to your google account, not email.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm in Atlanta... Fox Sports South was dropped by Youtube TV after Sept this year. It sucked this happened right in the middle of fall college sports season.

"Providing our members with 85+ channels requires contracts that are periodically renegotiated with content owners. Earlier this year, we negotiated an extension with Sinclair to continue carrying FOX Regional Sports Networks through the regular seasons for baseball, basketball, and hockey. Unfortunately, now the seasons are over and that extension is expiring.

Starting Thursday, October 1, 2020, FOX Regional Sports Networks will no longer be available on YouTube TV, and you will no longer have access to any previous recordings from FOX Regional Sports Networks.

This was a difficult decision made after months of negotiations. We hope that we can bring FOX RSNs back in the future. Thank you for your membership as we work to make YouTube TV the best streaming experience.

Sincerely,
The YouTube TV team"

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Going forward. ESPN+($5.99)with any streaming service Will get you ESPN3 which has EVERYTHING

will pay for itself after that first beer at the bar.

Disney plus may come with ESPN+ because when I was billed it came through Under the Disney umbrella. There are a few other channels that you get with ESPN+

disney+ is 6.99 and comes with ESPN+ Hulu with ads Nat geo, marvel and something else.

Last edited:

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
This is a good way to do it for the RSN right now since Sinclair is price gauging and YouTube and Hulu have dropped them.

Pro tip when it comes to most free trials as well. It’s usually tied to your email, so an email can only sign up for the free trial once. However, if you add “+1” to the end of your email handle, ie [email protected], you can get the free trial again and the email is still your original email in case it needs any sort of verification. You can continue to just increase the number by one each time the trial runs out. This won’t work for YouTube TV as their free trial is tied to your google account, not email.
Again, I watched the game on Hulu yesterday.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Tried that and was blacked out in Atlanta. Must be a location trigger. Options for streamers are pretty much nil for the situation we had last game.

Yep. They stripped fox ss off my hulu live and then when I tried to login in thru espn it was blacked out. Pretty infuriating to say the least. One of the reasons I have been doing hulu live was they actually had the channels.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
The basketball games I have to go into WatchESPN (ACCNX) and login through there. Football was just on the regular Hulu line up. I didn't look at where it was, I was just thrilled I was able to get it after everyone was saying that Hulu dropped FoxSports.

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
I'm one of the lucky ones who has AT&T so I haven't had any problems. A LOT of people seem to need VPN access to watch the games on streaming services, though. Perhaps someone who has used a VPN to watch a game could provide a set of instructions for some of our more senior fans who may not be as familiar with the process?

Milwaukee

Banned
sounds like some of yall need to get a VPN
I don’t know how vpn works but I’ve always been curious if I use one in a locale of my choosing would I get the local channels on my FuboTV? For instance would I get Atlanta local CBS and Fox or Los Angeles if I chose to? That would be extremely cool.

Thanks in advance.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I don’t know how vpn works but I’ve always been curious if I use one in a locale of my choosing would I get the local channels on my FuboTV? For instance would I get Atlanta local CBS and Fox or Los Angeles if I chose to? That would be extremely cool.

Thanks in advance.
A VPN basically sets up an encrypted path from your end to a computer at another location. Anything you do on the internet appears to come from the other location. Most commercial VPN providers will allow you to choose a location for the other end. People have also used them for things like when Comcast was throttling Netflix. Since the communications to the VPN endpoint are encrypted, Comcast wasn't able to see that people were watching Netflix and it bypassed the throttling.

It should allow you to get that Atlanta stations, or LA, or NY. However, people know what the addresses for the VPNs are. There are some services that don't allow connections from locations that are VPN providers.

Basically: It should work, but if Fubo or ESPN decide they want to put a stop to it, they can.

Milwaukee

Banned
A VPN basically sets up an encrypted path from your end to a computer at another location. Anything you do on the internet appears to come from the other location. Most commercial VPN providers will allow you to choose a location for the other end. People have also used them for things like when Comcast was throttling Netflix. Since the communications to the VPN endpoint are encrypted, Comcast wasn't able to see that people were watching Netflix and it bypassed the throttling.

It should allow you to get that Atlanta stations, or LA, or NY. However, people know what the addresses for the VPNs are. There are some services that don't allow connections from locations that are VPN providers.

Basically: It should work, but if Fubo or ESPN decide they want to put a stop to it, they can.
Thanks for the info, after reading your response I did a quick google search about Fubo and vpn’s and it sounds like it wouldn’t work for me. It almost sounds too good to be true, I’d love to find a way to pull it off.