• 3-8

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • 2-9 or worse

Votes: 4 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I concede NO game to ANY team! I picked 11-0 for the "0" not the "11". I don't know how many games we'll play, but until we lose, we're undefeated. In these times, anyone who tries to actually guess who's going to be playing on any given Saturday is a fool. Kids are going to be missing at least 2 games, probably 3 games, just for testing positive. What if that vaunted DL for FSU all of a sudden can't play against us? Very different complexion to that game. Any predictions are WAG's.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
6-5, which puts us in the middle of the pack probably. I think we’ll play all 11 games.

Defense: Clayton, Tariq, Juanyeh, Tre, Curry
Offense: Mason, AB, Johnson
Freshman: Gibbs, Williams, Sims or Gleason

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I would be thrilled with 7-4 and be tempted to give Collins a lifetime contract.

Oh heck no. and I am pretty sure you are TIC here. I don't care if we win the MNC, no more lifetime contracts again. The Braine and Hewitt fiasco still casts a lingering shadow and stench over our program.

mtodd30

Ramblin' Wreck
I would like us to win 5 games this year. My expectations before Covid and everything were 4-8 last year, then 6-6 this year, then competitors in the Coastal the year after that. Winning 5 with this schedule would be pretty good, and that is my expectation.

I would be over the moon if we won 6 or more

Deleted member 2897

Oh heck no. and I am pretty sure you are TIC here. I don't care if we win the MNC, no more lifetime contracts again. The Braine and Hewitt fiasco still casts a lingering shadow and stench over our program.

I mean, at one point Hewitt was getting paid by 2 different colleges To NOT coach. That’s a good gig if you can get it.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
I think the media a lot of lazy narratives and perceptions around the team. Like you, I don't blame them, wouldn't really expect them to know deep details about a (for now) nationally irrelevant team.

I think the perception is that Tech has been a bottom feeder for years and has an FCS triple-option roster. If you asked most national media members Tech's record the last four years, most would probably guess 10-38+/- Actually, was 24-25, which certainly isn't great, but Tech has been a mid-pack team, not a bottom dweller as the national perception has it. Tech's 2019 247 Team Talent Composite was 10th in the ACC (not worst, not an FCS-level triple option roster). The 2020 numbers aren't out, but based on our roster and 2019 numbers, we'd be ~6th (based on # of stars and team avg rating). Even last year, as bad as it was, Tech tied for 12th in the conference, not last.

The media analysis is that Tech is somehow going to be worse this year. Actually, I think the (incorrect) perception is that Tech was by far the worst team in the ACC last year and will improve a little and have a worse record because of the schedule. Last year was awful. But there were a lot of reasons for that. Most of those are behind us. I think we end up around .500 in the middle of the conference and show a lot of improvement and potential.
Good post.

We have a chance to be good but also have no reason to expect greatness. A ton of unprovens.

POTENTIAL. all we got.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
I am still on the Graham train until proven otherwise but from the rumblings I'm hearing Gleason is dat dude.... We'll see.
He was the staffs FIRST choice at QB. Sims was the bonus.

I would love to see him start. Would feel bad for the others but Suck it up and you may get a chance. There’s lots of variables as to why a starter won’t retain it.

Luckily we only have 10 days to find out. Wooohooo

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
All of this is of course contingent on playing a full schedule with a healthy team, but here goes.

I think we should end up at 4-7 with a very real possibility of winning as many as 6 games. The baseline talent is there at most position groups where our 1s are on par with almost everyone we match up against. The biggest issue areas for us are as follows:

1. OL. While already improving, this is still an area with a lot of new/young players and depth is not great yet. It should be better than last year but still could be a liability.

2. QB. There is no proven starter and all are 3/4 are either true or redshirt freshmen. While talent is there, experience is lacking.

3. Depth. We do not have sufficient depth yet. I can see a lot of close first halves followed by other teams pulling away in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

Hopefully we can use this year to build depth and gain experience at the key positions.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
I’m not sure how many we’ll win when it comes to the football piece, but I can assure you, our guys will vote, and CGC will be volunteering. Also, Djimon Brooks is the first player in Georgia Tech history to wear “0”.

It's all about what we do on offense. The defense will be very good and of course we have a punter. Kicker????
But if we keep the Oline healthy. find a QB and stick with him. And if Coach P figures out this would be a really good season to run the ball a lot we will have a decent year 6-5.
Wins, FSU, UCF, Cuse, Miami, Duke, NC State.
Losses, Louisville, Clemson, BC,ND, Pitt

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
My optimistic side: 9-2 with the losses being Clemson and one other team, could be ND or Duke, a lot of the teams we play have a tough opponent after us so I think many will overlook us so we can sneak by them and steal the win.

My pessimistic side: 6-5 I think this is the absolute worst we will do this year because I think we are really improved and will be much better than last year.

My realist side: 7-4 this is just my actual guess for how we will do.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
156 poll votes in thus far:
  • We have a near 50/50 split on whether we finish above .500 or not
  • 82% of folks predict that we will end up somewhere between 7-4 and 4-7
  • The most chosen record is 6-5
One more week to cast your vote.