how will the acc do against the sec?

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Went ahead and fixed the title. Now let the original thread begin. 'Bout the same as last year, I say.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The original title was interesting. I was guessing the op was making fun of how the media pats the sec on the back for beating each other week in and week out just everybody else.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
I think UNC will lose to SCAR but the ACC should be set up to have a chance at sweeping rivalry week again. Are there any other mid season matchups between the two conferences?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I like USCe vs the holes and tigers....GT, FSU, and Lville in rivalry games. Lville and Aubie....toss up I'll lean toward ville on...so 4-2

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Too soon to tell. Hard to predict with all the new QBs out there. Some will be good and some will flop. The "experts" are already coronating Auburns new QB.

we need to get a trend going. beat the sec head to head again this year to continue gaining respect!
I think, not just the ACC, but the other P5 conferences are closing the gap. And there is a real gap to close, even if it is a highly inflated, perceived gap in a lot of cases. If the SEC were to be shut out of the play offs (not likely) or not win a national championship for four or five years running--more likely, then I think the gap might be considered gone. But the reputation lives strong. Read a piece on a local prep star that is an SEC commit--his reason for picking the SEC was "that is where the best players play". Draft facts might say otherwise, but the myth continues.

wesleyd21

Georgia Tech Fan
Who is playing quarterback for South Carolina this year? An athletic kid or a pocket QB?

I kind of think UNC finally wins an opener against a decent opponent. Marquise Williams is a really good QB, imo. Only a 3 point underdog to USCe. And they're playing in Charlotte...home of the ACCCG.

*edit* http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/08/south_carolina_qbs_a_little_sh.html

decent article regarding QB battles @ KY and USCe

Last edited:

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think, not just the ACC, but the other P5 conferences are closing the gap. And there is a real gap to close, even if it is a highly inflated, perceived gap in a lot of cases. If the SEC were to be shut out of the play offs (not likely) or not win a national championship for four or five years running--more likely, then I think the gap might be considered gone. But the reputation lives strong. Read a piece on a local prep star that is an SEC commit--his reason for picking the SEC was "that is where the best players play". Draft facts might say otherwise, but the myth continues.

Agree there is 0% chance this year of the SEC not being represented in the playoff. They could all have 3 losses but it would all be "quality" losses in the eyes of the people selecting the final 4.

But in the eyes and soul of the computer, once the SEC starts losing more of their OOC games to other P5 teams, the computers will shun them. The SEC (or SWC as predecessor or teams which make up SEC) has been the best conference in CFB for 100 years or so.

All the ACC has to do is win. Kind of like GT. Going into last year there were a lot more problems than this year. Winning has a way of doing that.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
If Louisville can beat Auburn that would be huge. Media has made UA their poster child for the SEC.
Isn't Clemson the only ACC team to play in that game with ACC refs? I bet Louisville took the same stinky bait from "the sports council" and will therefore have little to no chance in that game. I would hope that MBob would know better.