how was practice today? hahahahahahaha CPJ too funny

Buzz4Him

Georgia Tech Fan
But that's the only way they can brag about that type of accomplishment, because they aren't winning it themselves.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
I sense CPJ feels like this team has a lot of potential and is delivering in practice. I can hardly wait to see the unveiling in 10 days. The only concern in my mind is the 2010 season but CPJ was saying things prior to that season much different than his demeanor last year and this year.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
It would be but we are not going 12-1. If we are 6-0 at the half way point, I would shocked. Why are even having this conversation anyways ????????????
You need be state champs to be in hunt for a national championship
This is why :). And besides, our own players are publicly saying that they are shooting for the top in their goals. If the players think it's realistic, so do I.

This is why :). And besides, our own players are publicly saying that they are shooting for the top in their goals. If the players think it's realistic, so do I.
I'm not even about to explain why it's not realistic. I hope and pray that we can achieve those goals. I just think winning more than 9 games this season will be hard enough.

GT1992

Jolly Good Fellow
Not necessarily. At 12 - 1 with wins over ND, Clemson and FSU twice and winning the ACC, it'd be awful hard to keep us out.

Or 12-1 with wins over ND, Clemson, Georgia, and FSU in a rematch in the ACCCG. I think we can lose to Clemson or FSU as long as we beat them in a rematch, but we'd need one of the other conference champs to have 2 losses. The committee is looking for a way to omit the ACC.

Because we can!!!!
Setting yourself up for failure already! I don't Like the schedule. We have to play 9 straight weeks before we get a break. We have to go on the road in week 3 to face a tough ND team. Oh I forgot , we had to replace every skill position besides JeT.

I'm going with the under at 10 wins.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm starting to get real excited about this kid. He looks like a veteran on (practice) film, not a true frosh.

I really hope he is. (No sarcasm) But we have to play the games first.

Every team is undefeated right now and has the hype turnt all the way up. I can't wait for the first three weeks to be played (I'll enjoy each one as it happens!) and see where things start to fall out. After 6 weeks, we should know pretty well.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Setting yourself up for failure already! I don't Like the schedule. We have to play 9 straight weeks before we get a break. We have to go on the road in week 3 to face a tough ND team. Oh I forgot , we had to replace every skill position besides JeT.

I'm going with the under at 10 wins.
Easier to talk about a 12 win regular season now than if we lose. ;)

Realistic??? Based on current probability... No... BUT not impossible. :D

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
But something is different this year (and last year) than in previous years.

It has often been the case that we start very quickly out of the gate - maybe even notch a big upset in the first half of the season. Only to hit some kind of wall in the last third or so of the season.

But to win 4 of the last 5 last year against the quality of opponent we faced is by far the most reliable indicator (speaking for myself) that we are not the Georgia Tech of the last 4 decades (with the exception of 1990). No, this is not the same program I've been following since 1980 - these guys want it, expect it and know what it takes to get it.