how was practice today? hahahahahahaha CPJ too funny

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I know everyone doesn't agree with me but State Champs is definitely the lowest of all those you listed.
State champs is important, but those other three all lead to bigger things. Coastal champs give you a chance to be ACC champ, ACC champ gives you a chance to be national champ, national champ gives you a chance to take over the world.

State champs is important, but those other three all lead to bigger things. Coastal champs give you a chance to be ACC champ, ACC champ gives you a chance to be national champ, national champ gives you a chance to take over the world.
You need be state champs to be in hunt for a national championship

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
You need be state champs to be in hunt for a national championship
Not necessarily. If GT were to run a train through the ACC and lose to a SEC East champ UGA in a close game, then go on to blast FSU/Clem in the ACCCG, we'd be up for one of the top 4 spots at 12-1. I don't think we'd have that chance if our only loss was to an ACC team and that knocked us out of the championship game. Conference championships look like it will be an unwritten requirement to qualify for the top 4.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Not necessarily. If GT were to run a train through the ACC and lose to a SEC East champ UGA in a close game, then go on to blast FSU/Clem in the ACCCG, we'd be up for one of the top 4 spots at 12-1. I don't think we'd have that chance if our only loss was to an ACC team and that knocked us out of the championship game. Conference championships look like it will be an unwritten requirement to qualify for the top 4.
You must not be from Georgia! The year we went to the final two in BB, after losing to them, I still hear about to this day! It would be unbearable!

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
You must not be from Georgia! The year we went to the final two in BB, after losing to them, I still hear about to this day! It would be unbearable!
You're right, but make no mistake I would HATE to lose to them and go on to the playoff. The only way we could salvage it would be to win it all, then we just had bigger fish to fry!

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck

Agree - if GT losses COFH and wins a natty - the barking would never cease. The mutts would put a sign on their equipment truck reminding everyone that they beat the national champions.

GT fans could never ever bring up the natty in the presence of a mutt. Remember the mutts claiming the ACC championship in 2009?