How to watch the game this weekend?

MidtownJacket

Staff member
This should work.

However, one small potential hiccup - if you've ever logged into the ESPN app using another TV provider, and have since changed providers, you'll have to login to the ESPN website via a DESKTOP (non-mobile) WEB BROWSER to reset your connection.

I ran into this problem a couple of weeks ago after switching from Youtube TV to Fubo - once you login via the website and update the connection, then logging in via the mobile app works fine. (If you haven't made a change recently, all should be good.)
jimmy fallon today i learned GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
This should work.

However, one small potential hiccup - if you've ever logged into the ESPN app using another TV provider, and have since changed providers, you'll have to login to the ESPN website via a DESKTOP (non-mobile) WEB BROWSER to reset your connection.

I ran into this problem a couple of weeks ago after switching from Youtube TV to Fubo - once you login via the website and update the connection, then logging in via the mobile app works fine. (If you haven't made a change recently, all should be good.)
@MonroeJacket - After checking my setup today to make sure it would work, there is an additional nuance that I want to share.

I set up the ESPN app with YouTube TV as the provider. Then I searched for the GT game. When I selected our game to see if my setup worked, ESPN wanted me to create a new login and subscription. Uh-oh!

After spending some time troubleshooting, I discovered that Search resulted in two different versions of our game - one on ESPN+, and one on ACCNetwork Extra. This detail is shown in a smaller font below two identical game icons. Naturally, I didn't notice this and picked the wrong one. Make sure you select ACC Network Extra.
After selecting this, the ESPN app went to a screen that stated the event hadn't started yet, which I took to be an indication that it will show the game once it starts.

Hope this helps.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
I have Dish Network and ESPN+ subscription. Will I be able to watch the game?
You should be able to. It appears to be carried on ESPN+ and ACC Network Extra. I don't have ESPN+, but I have YTTV which has ESPN. So I can watch it via the ESPN app using YTTV as my provider. Lots of hoops to jump through.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
You should be able to. It appears to be carried on ESPN+ and ACC Network Extra. I don't have ESPN+, but I have YTTV which has ESPN. So I can watch it via the ESPN app using YTTV as my provider. Lots of hoops to jump through.
ESPN+ and ACCNX are both subscription services. I have ESPN, 2, and U, and ACCN. But I’ve never signed up for ESPN+ or ACCNX. Am I OOL?

I do have Direct TV streaming, though. Can I get it over the FUBO Orange with DT subsidy?

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
ESPN+ and ACCNX are both subscription services. I have ESPN, 2, and U, and ACCN. But I’ve never signed up for ESPN+ or ACCNX. Am I OOL?

I do have Direct TV streaming, though. Can I get it over the FUBO Orange with DT subsidy?
You should be able to view it via the ESPN app, if your TV supports that. You will have to tell the ESPN app that you have DTV Stream as your provider. Then select the game that shows as carried on ACCN extra.

Last edited:

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
YTTV is carrying it on ESPN or ESPN2 as I was told.
This is strange, but it is showing on my YTTV as an upcoming game on ACC Network. Not ACC Network extra. Maybe I didn't need to jump through those hoops to use the ESPN app. Anyway, I now have a backup plan. :)