How Much Does GTAA get Every Time an ACC Team Wins a Tourney Game?

crut

Helluva Engineer
Ok so 3rd time is the charm?

y = 18667(n+w-c)
where:
n= number of acc TEAMS in the tournament
w = number of acc WINS in the tournament
c = number of acc teams in the championship game

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
Ok so 3rd time is the charm?

y = 18667(n+w-c)
where:
n= number of acc TEAMS in the tournament
w = number of acc WINS in the tournament
c = number of acc teams in the championship game

c= number of acc wins in the final four and championship game (these do not add units)

It is easier to just count the games played.

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
You guys have confused me. Say the ACC gets 20 appearances this year, we already have 12 and are guaranteed 5 more, right now. The ACC will get $280K for each appearance, for a total pot of $5.6M and we get 1/15th of this or $375K.

This does not sound like a lot of money, but from the write-up, I believe we get this amount every year for the next 6 years. If so, the total payout is about $2.2M over 6 years.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
The figure I saw for this season is $280,300 per unit per year. They pay for 6 years. So each unit (game played, excluding the championship game) is $1.682M over its 6 year lifespan. This is divided by 15 teams in the ACC.

So each unit is worth $112,133 per year per team for 6 years to each ACC team. Multiply that by whatever you wish, or wait until the final four is decided and count.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
Wow I’m having trouble communicating today. Translation: Notre Dame get a share of the ACC’s portion of the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament revenue just like all the other ACC teams.

Hence the 15 in all of the posts. Is anyone so out of touch to think ND doesn't play basketball in the ACC? I'd say I can't believe that but with our fans I'd believe pretty much anything.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
anyone have a ballpark?

Gotta decide how badly I want to root against Duke and UNC in the next round...
To summarize:

1) If Duke or UNC "appear" in the Elite 8, then GT will have earned an additional $120k or so.

2) Since units are calculated by appearances, and not winning, feel free to hope Duke and UNC appear in the Elite 8 without cheering for them to win in the Sweet 16.