How much does GT spend in football (other programs included)

Deleted member 2897

This time 1,000. But for everyone who does give the 30% more, give THEM something. Better seats, free stuff, a behind the scenes in depth tour of every inch of BDS.

Combined with a better game day experience, another huge piece is spending 1 on 1 time with the biggest and best donors. Show them where there money is going and how it's helping and how 30% more is going to help more. Someone who just bleeds white and gold and can sell ice to eskimos should be doing this. Anyone who donates over $5,000 should get to go to two sessions during the offseason where CPJ and the coaches do a film session and break down tape "here's what's really going on".

How about this - give 2x what you did last year by August 21st and we'll tell you who the starting QB will be. Totally give us double your total by totality and we'll totally tell you the total truth that would block out the sun.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Season ticket sales always fluctuates based on the attractiveness of the slate. We have a pretty attractive slate this year so, naturally, sales are up.

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
Anyone else think all the noon games holds down attendance. I know GT doesn't have much to do with that. Having some actual tailgating time might bring out some more fans.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Donations are a big part of it. The school soaks most of the available donation pool through roll call. Our donations system isnt linked as well as some other schools between athletics and academics.....change that even a tad...and we are fine.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Its why uGA fans live in trailors and Tech grads live in mansions. We need to give up the wallet a bit more. Time to launch a 30% campaign - target all the folks who give $50-$5000/year and ask them to give 30% more. Make a big list of everything the money will go to and work it!

Sorry, but I think this kind of uninformed arrogance (unless you are being facetious) is one of the biggest, self inflicted wounds we commit to ourselves. First, it is childish b.s. Second, if it had an ounce of truth to it - I do not care where anyone lives / how they live / or what they live in as long as they want to cheer for GT. And buy tickets. And buy merchandise. I hate phoney azz, elitist baloney.

Your "30%" campaign has great merit. You certainly will not receive it if you do not ask for it. But I also wonder if we could get the masses to, every year, just give 5% or 10% more than a year ago?

But as things stand now it is an embarrassment. 1 in 6 a millionaire bluster. So the f..k what? It appears those dips are so tight in the butt they will not even spring to buy a ticket to a game in Jacksonville FL. to support our team. EVEN AFTER BEATING UGAG!!!! The excuses - "well I bought a ticket to Ireland." Cry us a river all you so called millionaire Tech Men. Support the damn team and program.

But, alas, it appears our new Tech Man A.D. is going down the same self defeating path by trying to schedule temple.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Its why uGA fans live in trailors and Tech grads live in mansions. We need to give up the wallet a bit more. Time to launch a 30% campaign - target all the folks who give $50-$5000/year and ask them to give 30% more. Make a big list of everything the money will go to and work it!
Honestly, making a list of what the money goes towards would be really smart. Part of the reason things like Kickstarter work well is because of donation goals that people actively work toward. As I understand it, ADs do this with the biggest donors, but here you go for more of a crowdfunding approach. I think people in general like to see the breakdown of their donations. That transparency could be really good. So in addition to asking for 30% more, outline exactly how that 30% benefits the program.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Y'all really want a kick in the a**? Season ticket holder and a non alum in other words a dedicated sidewalk fan. In all the years, off and on, as a season ticket holder I have NEVER been solicited for any type of donation to Tech, NEVER. If you don't ask your season ticket holder who aren't alums what do you expect? Having said that I do a modest donation to the GTAA because I support the programs I cheer for. But my point still stands. On the surface it seems to me that SOMEONE needs to get their act together. I proposed a few months back a Clemson type IPTAY program specifically for the athletic programs, I found out that few in contact alum had approach the prior group at the GTAA and were basically told to go away. Here's hoping TS bring a bit of common sense back with him!

Animal02

Banned
It is not just the noon games, it is the unknown time of the game up to the last minute. If I knew three weeks in advance that a game was at 3:30, I could get early morning Sat. air tickets, a Saturday hotel, fly home Sun. and catch a game or two each year. With it as it is now, have to plan a Friday arrival and Mid Sunday departure in case it is a night game.