How Many Yards Will Georgia Tech Run For Against Georgia?

How many yards will Georgia Tech run for against Georgia on Saturday?

• Less than 100

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 100-200

Votes: 18 13.1%
  • 200-300

Votes: 80 58.4%
  • 300-400

Votes: 29 21.2%
  • 400-500

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • More than 500

Votes: 5 3.6%

• Total voters

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
UGA is at least as good as UVA on D. UVA has lost 4 games and UGA 1 . They are in the conversation for the playoff, UVA isn't. We got a lot of breaks against UVA and were 1 of 8 passing. We just aren't there yet to play with them. We are still way to one dimensional on offense to beat top teams.

It will take a near perfect game on O and some breaks on D.

Would love for it to happen, but it’s not likely.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
It will take a near perfect game on O and some breaks on D.

Would love for it to happen, but it’s not likely.

Not likely but I scored a free ticket to the game so I’m going to sit in the cold rain cheering on our Jackets. While we’ve had trouble in the rain in the past, it may be the mutts that have trouble on Saturday. All the pressure is on them; we have nothing to lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
I don’t feel good about this game, but neither does my mutt family. Their run D is probably their biggest weakness on the whole team and their D is inexperienced. If we force some turnovers, I think it could be close, but their offense hasn’t turned the ball over. Let me put it this way: I won’t be surprised if it’s close, but I also won’t be surprised if we get walloped. Only way I am surprised is if we wallop them.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I don’t feel good about this game, but neither does my mutt family. Their run D is probably their biggest weakness on the whole team and their D is inexperienced. If we force some turnovers, I think it could be close, but their offense hasn’t turned the ball over. Let me put it this way: I won’t be surprised if it’s close, but I also won’t be surprised if we get walloped. Only way I am surprised is if we wallop them.

Interesting stats when I looked up turnovers: UGA turned the ball over 11 times and we turned it over 16. UGA recovered 15 turnovers (+4) and we recovered 23 turnovers (+7). I think I calculated correctly...hard to believe considering how many times we put the ball on the ground. By the way, Georgia Southern leads the country in turnovers: gave up 5...recovered 26.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Jesus guys. Everyone forgot ST again. I have 200-300 yards since that's all we got against Duke, UVa and UM. And against Clemson it was 146.

Georgia has given up a max of 276 rushing yards versus LSU. All other games are less than 200 yards - 6 in the 100-200 range and 4 less than 100.

The ST are what won the game against UVa when the O wasn't cranking out the yards.

We have to have a near perfect ST day again or what we do on O and D probably won't matter.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
Our B-Backs need to produce 125 up the gut. Do that and we can get them on the edge as they will commit more folks to stop the A and B gap yardage. That will be the key to winning this game. We have the beef up front to get it done!

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Jesus guys. Everyone forgot ST again. I have 200-300 yards since that's all we got against Duke, UVa and UM. And against Clemson it was 146.

Georgia has given up a max of 276 rushing yards versus LSU. All other games are less than 200 yards - 6 in the 100-200 range and 4 less than 100.

The ST are what won the game against UVa when the O wasn't cranking out the yards.

We have to have a near perfect ST day again or what we do on O and D probably won't matter.

...and they need to have a poor day on ST like UVA and Miami--and with some turnovers on O.

People don't want to hear it, but we were probably a little better than a 5-6 team last year, and probably not as good as a 7-4 (so far) team should be this year. We had bad luck on the road last year at Miami and UVA, and good luck at home against them this year. And that's the difference in the 2 seasons.

We've essentially been a .500 football team, on average, for the last 9 years.

slugboy

Staff member

Well, it's a "how many yards will we run for" thread. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well, it's a "how many yards will we run for" thread. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, I was overreacting to some people talking about the O too. Just a sore point. CPJ hardly talks about STs and they've been one of our two Achilles tendons. :censored:

Back to the regularly scheduled commercial, I think we were going to have a hard time running for more than 300 yards given our performance and UGAg's performance this year.

But then ........

Not likely but I scored a free ticket to the game so I’m going to sit in the cold rain cheering on our Jackets. While we’ve had trouble in the rain in the past, it may be the mutts that have trouble on Saturday. All the pressure is on them; we have nothing to lose.

Best news I've heard all day!!!!!!! Not that you are going to be in the cool rain, but that will further decrease the UGAg fans infesting the stadium to watch a HS offense.

The weather looks like 75% chance of 50F rain at start and then decreasing rain. https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/ga/athens?cm_ven=localwx_10day

I wish it were more like 35F and 100% chance of rain. Our guys will want it more and UGAg will be (rightfully) worried about injuries.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I was overreacting to some people talking about the O too. Just a sore point. CPJ hardly talks about STs and they've been one of our two Achilles tendons. :censored:

Back to the regularly scheduled commercial, I think we were going to have a hard time running for more than 300 yards given our performance and UGAg's performance this year.

But then ........

Best news I've heard all day!!!!!!! Not that you are going to be in the cool rain, but that will further decrease the UGAg fans infesting the stadium to watch a HS offense.

The weather looks like 75% chance of 50F rain at start and then decreasing rain. https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/ga/athens?cm_ven=localwx_10day

I wish it were more like 35F and 100% chance of rain. Our guys will want it more and UGAg will be (rightfully) worried about injuries.
Bring on the rain!

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Let me put it this way: I won’t be surprised if it’s close, but I also won’t be surprised if we get walloped. Only way I am surprised is if we wallop them.

I think that sums up how I feel just about every year going into this game, '90 maybe the only possible exception that I can recall. I always am a bit more optimistic though when it's at their place so there's that.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
We’re going to move the ball on them. Their run defense isn’t nearly as good as it was last year. The trick will be to continue not turning it over and finishing drives (which we didn’t do Saturday). Do those and this is going to be a tight game. Do it not and it’ll get ugly in a hurry.
We will get some yards in the Clemson-Virginia range, and against good defenses it's expected. You don't get your average every game. My concern is simply the lack of an efficient option offense and the one-trick pony reliance on QB running left and QB running right, the occasional FB up the middle and speed option with the FB. Johnson seems to have added more counters, but without a whole series of options we can't run very well for reasons already stated, and an awful passing game -- last week was almost puzzling before we connected with one -- it is going to be a hard slog against Georgia. I hate it because I want to beat them, well, name a score. I actually think our defense will play a role but I seem to be more optimistic about that than others. They have playmakers.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer

Lets hope that changes on Saturday

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Give me 247 on the ground (matches the amount of time I dispise UGa sports), 99 in the air, and 150 yards in punt returns. Oh, and no turnovers by GT.

That'll more than likely make my day with a GT victory.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Update: Weather Underground now says rain will end around 10:00 am. Chance of rain at 12:00 and throughout the game is around 11%.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Update: Weather Underground now says rain will end around 10:00 am. Chance of rain at 12:00 and throughout the game is around 11%.

I’m not sure how I feel about the new forecast. It may be a good thing. The field will probably stay slippery for a while. Advantage GT, UGA, nobody?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
P

But then ........

It doesn’t matter what the weather is like. There won’t be an empty seat in the cesspool at kickoff.