how many times have you watched the blocked kick and Lance?

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Three thoughts. 1) We got a break that the ball squirted down to our end of the field. Many blocks end up around the line and both teams have a shot of picking it up. When it went part way down the field only we could pick it up, plus it gave Austin some space to chose a running lane. 2) Milton was somehow ahead of the play and got a block around the 15 on someone who had a shot at Austin. 3) After Milton's block, one other player had a good angle and a lot of guys would have kept charging forward and hoping for the best. But Austin had the presence of mind to cut inside and the guy took himself out of the play.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Two thoughts about those angles of the block and return.

1- As the students come rushing onto the field, at least one video shows helmeted cops moving onto the field also, but it's obvious, very quickly, that they have no chance to protect the turf. None.

2- The other is the image of CPJ giving a signal to leave the ball on the ground, then looking dazed and almost lost while Lance is racing toward the goal. I don't think he realized it was a live ball.

a5ehren

Jolly Good Fellow
If you watch the multi-angle video, Milton was ahead of the run because he was celebrating the block :whistle:

The guy Milton blocked was the holder. Him and Ageuyo (the dude Lance beat by cutting into the field, btw) were the only dudes on the FG team for FSU that can run a sub-5.0 40, I think.

jackette

Jolly Good Fellow
Three thoughts. 1) We got a break that the ball squirted down to our end of the field. Many blocks end up around the line and both teams have a shot of picking it up. When it went part way down the field only we could pick it up, plus it gave Austin some space to chose a running lane. 2) Milton was somehow ahead of the play and got a block around the 15 on someone who had a shot at Austin. 3) After Milton's block, one other player had a good angle and a lot of guys would have kept charging forward and hoping for the best. But Austin had the presence of mind to cut inside and the guy took himself out of the play.

After the TD, I noticed the 3 players lying flat on the field, one ours and the other two FSU; thinking they better get up or they are going to be trampled to death....

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer

2- The other is the image of CPJ giving a signal to leave the ball on the ground, then looking dazed and almost lost while Lance is racing toward the goal. I don't think he realized it was a live ball.
In a post-game presser, someone asked him what he was thinking at that moment. He was thinking what most of us were thinking: down it and let's get to overtime.

He was scrolling through strategy for Overtime when he realized that Lance was running past him with a wall. From there on, it was "Run!!" and "Way to Go!"

a5ehren

Jolly Good Fellow
Lance's post-game interview on the radio broadcast is pretty good, too. He was legitimately worried about getting around Ageuyo.

jackette

Jolly Good Fellow

1- As the students come rushing onto the field, at least one video shows helmeted cops moving onto the field also, but it's obvious, very quickly, that they have no chance to protect the turf. None.

yes, he said in post game he did not realize

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
Not enough yet, but more than I can count. My favorite is with the announcer yelling "you gotta be kidding me!" at the top of his lungs! Maybe it is a miracle at the end, but the whole game was great! FSU offense held to 6 points. (10 off of turnovers) That says something about how D stepped up!