How Many Games Will GT And Coach Collins Win In 2019?

How many games will GT and Coach Collins win in 2019?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 0.5%

Votes: 4 2.2%

Votes: 15 8.2%

Votes: 24 13.1%

Votes: 50 27.3%

Votes: 54 29.5%

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • More that 8 wins

Votes: 10 5.5%

• Total voters
LOL....till I know what kind of offense he is going to run we all have no idea. He will not run what he did at Temple. He will have to conform to what players he has. If he sticks to an option base we may do pretty well next year. And of course what we are going to do with the defense. If we switch back to 4-3, well let's hope we control the clock on offense and limit the passing.

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm going to put 6 for now because we don't have all the staff pieces yet. I could see anything from 5 to 9 wins next year. Just depends on the staff brought in and the guys getting ready.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
It depends on how much the schemes are changed in his first year. If he is true to his word last night and stays with schemes to play with the talent now on board, I think 7-5 or 8-4 is possible. If his coordinators change too much the first year, 6-6 or 5-7 may come into play. It will be a very interesting season for sure.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Well then that makes what CPJ did in 08 and 09 all the more impressive.

Hope we have similar results this time.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Man if don’t stop accepting mediocrity. The cupboard is not bare. Inheriting a 8 win team with a young nucleus. 8 or more wins next season
Thank you! I’ve been saying the transition won’t be as bad as some think. Hopefully the right OC hire is made. That’s what I’m most eager to see.

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
I think it’ll be a long year....I think we’d have a losing year no matter who the coach is next year

sc jacket 22

Jolly Good Fellow
7 or more wins would be a great year, IMO. My biggest concern is the size of the O-line. We’re really small there for most offenses, and we all know pass protection is virtually non-existent at the moment. From his comments, it sounds like CGC will formulate an offense around our personnel which may help. Realistically, 3-6 wins may be likely, so be patient. I’m willing to give him 4 years.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Just my guess here — and I believe my guess is just as good as any — I think if Collins is real smart, he will put in an offense that should take maximum advantage of the personnel he inherits in his first year at Georgia Tech. This would be a RPO (run-pass-option) system.

If he indeed does so, then I would think a minimum of 7 wins is feasible for the season next year.

However, the wild card is the defense. For the defense, I have no idea, but I still doubt it could get any better than what we saw this past season.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Just my guess here — and I believe my guess is just as good as any — I think if Collins is real smart, he will put in an offense that should take maximum advantage of the personnel he inherits in his first year at Georgia Tech. This would be a RPO (run-pass-option) system.

If he indeed does so, then I would think a minimum of 7 wins is feasible for the season next year.

However, the wild card is the defense. For the defense, I have no idea, but I still doubt it could get any better than what we saw this past season.
This is essentially what he said he would do with his offense. Play to the strengths of the players, and then adjust as the years go on according to the new players.