How Many CFB Programs in History...

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
can claim that they have had one state 100m champion handing the football off to another in a game? It is pretty ridiculous the amount of speed we can put on the field in 2014.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
As good as it sounds....it means nothing. Snoddy will never see significant time or impact for us, his straight-line speed will never be utilized at BB because he cant break tackles well enough and at AB he has to use lateral speed which isn't his thing and he ends up running around in a circle. Unless he has iron hands why not put him at receiver and let him run a straight fly route down the field and outrun his man? That is where he could be utilized.

JT, if he can increase his ball security and find a way to shield his body from big hits might be an awesome player in our system...but I have to see it before I believe it. But JT has the lateral quickness and shiftiness to make things happen in the TO, when he gets to the 2nd level if he isn't out in space he needs to take a dive if he has to, so he can avoid huge hits. If he can juke out the safety/OLB then great and turn on the burners but if he's closed in id rather him dive down and save his body.

wuzjrbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
As good as it sounds....it means nothing. Snoddy will never see significant time or impact for us, his straight-line speed will never be utilized at BB because he cant break tackles well enough and at AB he has to use lateral speed which isn't his thing and he ends up running around in a circle. Unless he has iron hands why not put him at receiver and let him run a straight fly route down the field and outrun his man? That is where he could be utilized.

UGA had a very fast RB a few years ago in Patrick Pass (4.4 at NFL combine). Ran very fast into the first person he encountered. He was fast though.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer

JT, if he can increase his ball security and find a way to shield his body from big hits might be an awesome player in our system...but I have to see it before I believe it. But JT has the lateral quickness and shiftiness to make things happen in the TO, when he gets to the 2nd level if he isn't out in space he needs to take a dive if he has to, so he can avoid huge hits. If he can juke out the safety/OLB then great and turn on the burners but if he's closed in id rather him dive down and save his body.
GtB,
VERY good analysis.Please keep posting.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
can claim that they have had one state 100m champion handing the football off to another in a game? It is pretty ridiculous the amount of speed we can put on the field in 2014.

If only they played football in track uniforms and on a rubber track. We'd be AWESOME!

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
You guys are all correct. JT is just getting started in his career so he hasn't had the big impact. Snoddy has had a difficult time getting on the field. The speed itself is undeniable, but until it gets combined with good football skills, it doesn't mean that much. Big "if" here, but if the light comes on for these two, that is a lot to have to account for speed-wise. By starting this thread, more than anything, I was just trying to highlight an unusual circumstance more so than predict future track meets between the hashes. Anyway, it is fun to dream.

JT made a couple huge plays with his feet last year, but when you think about it, he really didn't play that much. More than a couple times he went into the game with his team backed up inside the 5 and was handcuffed. I really feel, as a starter, with the greater number of reps and live plays in the games, he is going to shake free for quite a few big plays. You really can't keep a guy like him shut down and totally contained. Snoddy is going to have to fight his way on the field. I am rooting for him.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Boomer I just don't see snoddy ever gaining major playing time at this point. Especially with custis coming in. A guy I am excited about which I think we got a steal on is cj leggett I think he might end up being our star BB even over custis but them two battling it out is never a bad thing.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Boomer I just don't see snoddy ever gaining major playing time at this point. Especially with custis coming in. A guy I am excited about which I think we got a steal on is cj leggett I think he might end up being our star BB even over custis but them two battling it out is never a bad thing.

I agree -and Leggett like Ant could be an A or B.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
This year Snoddy will force several commentators to say "Percy Harvin" during GT football games.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
I thought Legett has been initially slotted for aback

Maybe he is, looking at his film and size around 5'10 210 he seems more suitable for BB but maybe he will be a bigger AB like Ant was. He just seems like the best pure RB we've had out of HS since Dwyer, custis looked great too, but leggett seemed to be a bit faster.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I'm very surprised that CJ Legget flew under the radar like he did. He looks to really be a solid back.

Isn't one of the "criticisms" of Legget's numbers he put that he played behind a very good OL? I know Mitch Hyatt is the #1 recruit in the 2015 class for GA and widely considered one of the top 3 OLs in the nation for that class. Not sure who the other guys are.

I know they have a couple of DLs that are highly recruited, but not sure if they played both ways.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Isn't one of the "criticisms" of Legget's numbers he put that he played behind a very good OL? I know Mitch Hyatt is the #1 recruit in the 2015 class for GA and widely considered one of the top 3 OLs in the nation for that class. Not sure who the other guys are.

I know they have a couple of DLs that are highly recruited, but not sure if they played both ways.
I hope he gets the very same criticism at TECH.