How long you keep last year's games?

bartoma

Jolly Good Fellow
I have GSU, VT, Miami, Pitt, NCSU, Clemson, Dwags, FSU, and OB... When nothing else is on, and I want a smile on my face, I'll put one of these on...

DVR is only 58% full, and I don't record much of anything else... I'll probably keep these until next season...

I do have a couple games on VHS from 1990...

How long do you plan to keep your recordings?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I downloaded game 3 on from YouTube and watched them several times. I actually watched vpi and miami this morning.

I also put most games from the last few years on dvd for the same purpose.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Can't wait for on demand TV content - watch favorite show Madam Secretary or maybe the 1965 gt uga game? Tough question. Or the 68 auburn game. Until then store the 2014 final games in a very safe place.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Watched OB 3 nights ago.

Now they are all gone. Only game i have left is 91 Citrus Bowl because N C game.

Life is too short to look back - looking to 2015 and bigger & better things.

I have the Georgia game and the Orange Bowl on DVD. I have several others still on my DVR, but not sure which. My pride and joy though is my DVD of the 1990 UVA game with Ciraldo's and King's play by play. That's one I may be buried with....LOL

I am no longer keeping the games on my DVR. Here is the reason: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC144n-mU9H2rMiTPCFrEx8A
Does anybody know who GT Bob is? He posts a lot on the AJC blogs and apparently on the Georgia blogs there as well. The Georgia fans obviously hate him. I know who a good many of the regular bloggers there are, and some of us tailgate together, but I still don't have a clue who GTBob is.

dcyellowjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I've got all of last season's games on DVR and just started going through them to cut out the commercials for when I eventually archive them.

So far I've cut the Wofford and Tulane games. It's amazing watching them now after seeing the Clemson, uga, FSU, and MSU games more than once each. I didn't appreciate how bad we were at the beginning of the year. I'm even more impressed now with the defensive improvement and especially the way JT improved dramatically in every facet of the game.

I've got all of last season's games on DVR and just started going through them to cut out the commercials for when I eventually archive them.

So far I've cut the Wofford and Tulane games. It's amazing watching them now after seeing the Clemson, uga, FSU, and MSU games more than once each. I didn't appreciate how bad we were at the beginning of the year. I'm even more impressed now with the defensive improvement and especially the way JT improved dramatically in every facet of the game.
How do you edit them and archive them? My latest DVR no longer allows saving to an external device. How do you do that?

dcyellowjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
How do you edit them and archive them? My latest DVR no longer allows saving to an external device. How do you do that?
I use a DVR program called MythTV that runs on my server and allows you to do pretty much whatever you want. Editing's really easy. The front-end program has a cut list editor that you can jump into while watching a recording. From the editor I load the commercial skip list that myth generates automatically, make sure it didn't miss any, clean up the margins, and then run a script that cuts them out and generates a new recording.

I use a DVR program called MythTV that runs on my server and allows you to do pretty much whatever you want. Editing's really easy. The front-end program has a cut list editor that you can jump into while watching a recording. From the editor I load the commercial skip list that myth generates automatically, make sure it didn't miss any, clean up the margins, and then run a script that cuts them out and generates a new recording.
But how do you get the DVR recording to your server? Just run an HDMI cable from the DVR to your computer? I had wondered if that would work, but I have not checked it out yet.

bmeGT

Jolly Good Fellow
No DVR here but I've watched the VPISU/UM/CLEM/UGAg/MSU games at least three times each. I youtube them every month or so.