How hot will CGCs seat be if GT is shutout Monday?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I think it's legit to ask some members of the Swarm if it will piss them off if Tech beats Clemson on Monday. The confirmation bias has not aged well with me. And, I am not a Collins fan.

Bro, there are a lotta dudes here that would be legit pissed if we win or even keep it close.

The shame of it is they won't have the guts to admit it. They'll just giddily bombard the site with 'shldwefire'imtodayortomorrow' thread after post after thread after post after......

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
We dont have to worry about that since we are winning this one.

hell yeah GIF

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Bro, there are a lotta dudes here that would be legit pissed if we win or even keep it close.

The shame of it is they won't have the guts to admit it. They'll just giddily bombard the site with 'shldwefire'imtodayortomorrow' thread after post after thread after post after......
Sad but true.

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
It would be a shocker to me, but I think the odds of us putting up a goose egg are just about nil. It's a new season, with new coaches and new attitudes. The remade OL would have to be a complete disaster.
That OL is where I expect Clemson to beat us. We have 10 Freshman and Soph's and they have 3 first round NFL picks on the DL. It is what it is but that's one place they have a huge advantage over us

CEB

Helluva Engineer
We lost to Clemson by 6 in 2021 and ended the season with 3 wins. We lost to Clemson by 66 in 2020 and ended the season with 3 wins. Win or lose, I doubt the 2022 result will be a good indication of how the season ends or the temperature of Geoff’s hot seat, especially since it’s the first game of the season when all teams are a bit rusty. For me, I’m interested in how we perform against WCU, a team we should destroy. Fingers crossed, Geoff will get his 10th win and it will be by a large margin.
I’m right here, too. I expect us to be competitive and competent but I’m not putting much stock in how we MIGHT lose this one. A win is enormous, but a loss in any fashion (other than utterly incompetent) is pretty much irrelevant. We are going to have far more meaningful / telling matchups upcoming. Our early schedule is rough because on paper, it’s really black and white. We’re 2-4 because there’s “no way” we should lose to Duke or WCU and “no way” we can beat anyone else. The rubber meets road over the next five. We should be competitive with everyone, but we’re getting most of them on the road, so we’re dogs in all of them except maybe UVA. But, if we’re improving, we have to win a few we’re not supposed to...

CEB

Helluva Engineer

You may be right.... I think they’d be biting a hole in their tongue if we win but there’s not much to take from a close loss.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
That OL is where I expect Clemson to beat us. We have 10 Freshman and Soph's and they have 3 first round NFL picks on the DL. It is what it is but that's one place they have a huge advantage over us
Yeah, I guess that first game might not be the fairest litmus test of our OL. Just kind of hanging in there against them would be encouraging.
The most interesting thing will be seeing what Chip Long can cook up to try to neutralize their advantage up front. Rollouts, QB draws, quick pops to the tight end...
I'll say this - if we by some miracle can stand toe-to-toe along the line, we've got a very good shot at beating them.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
I have a hard time believing that people who frequent this forum would actively root for GT to lose while watching a game. At a macro level, they may want us to not win meaningless games so as to not delay the firing. But, I truly believe that 99.9% of posters here would rather eat crow regarding being wrong about Collins than actively cheer for Tech’s opponent.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
The most interesting thing will be seeing what Chip Long can cook up to try to neutralize their advantage up front. Rollouts, QB draws, quick pops to the tight end...
This will, in fact, be the most interesting thing to watch for. I have high hopes for it.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
I have a hard time believing that people who frequent this forum would actively root for GT to lose while watching a game. At a macro level, they may want us to not win meaningless games so as to not delay the firing. But, I truly believe that 99.9% of posters here would rather eat crow regarding being wrong about Collins than actively cheer for Tech’s opponent.
that 0.1% here sure makes a lot of noise then

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Reading this site the past few months, I would find it extremely difficult to believe there aren't folks actively rooting for us to lose just so they can be right(sic).

Either that or a lotta dudes have been lying all offseason.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
This is correct. Those who believe any GT fan would be upset if we win are simply immature and take message boards way more seriously than they should. And even if we win that doesn’t erase Collins turning GT football into a joke for 3 years. And if we lose it doesn’t mean GT can’t still win 6 games or so this year. We are all on the same side especially fans who take the time to join a message board.