How GT’s signing class stayed together ...

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
This transition is another indication that it was really handled well, especially by PJ and GC, and endorses Tstan's decision to hire coach Collins. Some of us may have questioned PJ's offense at times, but no one can ever question his character or devotion to our school and his players.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

A huge thanks to all involved! It could have gone sideways in a hurry.

How damaging would it have really been if Coach G had come in and said "I'll review the current offers & commits and let guys know which ones fit what we're trying to do FB-wise"?

Would that have been the worst thing in the world?

Would a Dec graduate with a job offer in their field have that job rescinded because his degree had been devalued?

Would GT Alums with 12-15 yrs in Corp America no longer be considered for VP level jobs because their degree had been devalued?

So many people on various msg boards act as if what the FB program does impacts the education they got at GT

They act as if the FB Program can't use every trick & angle to win games, while the academics operates in parallel to prepare the student as best they can, why can't both coexist on the same campus?

No matter how much we poke fun at their academics, more and more undergrads from Bama, Clemson, & UGA are getting some pretty impressive job offers right out of school, and what happens in their Athl Depts is not hurting those schools one bit

This is just something I've had on my mind for awhile

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Not what I was referring to. Could have gone sideways like when Chan took over after staying with his pro team. We could have lost mot of our recruits and not picked up any. Coaching changes have historically not been kind to us. Carson, Fulcher, Pepper, Curry, Ross, & O’Leary come to mind.

Not what I was referring to. Could have gone sideways like when Chan took over after staying with his pro team. We could have lost mot of our recruits and not picked up any. Coaching changes have historically not been kind to us. Carson, Fulcher, Pepper, Curry, Ross, & O’Leary come to mind.

sorry abt that

i shouldn't have quoted you

Animal02

Banned
How damaging would it have really been if Coach G had come in and said "I'll review the current offers & commits and let guys know which ones fit what we're trying to do FB-wise"?

Would that have been the worst thing in the world?

Would a Dec graduate with a job offer in their field have that job rescinded because his degree had been devalued?

Would GT Alums with 12-15 yrs in Corp America no longer be considered for VP level jobs because their degree had been devalued?

So many people on various msg boards act as if what the FB program does impacts the education they got at GT

They act as if the FB Program can't use every trick & angle to win games, while the academics operates in parallel to prepare the student as best they can, why can't both coexist on the same campus?

No matter how much we poke fun at their academics, more and more undergrads from Bama, Clemson, & UGA are getting some pretty impressive job offers right out of school, and what happens in their Athl Depts is not hurting those schools one bit

This is just something I've had on my mind for awhile
Utter nonsense.