How GT’s signing class stayed together ...

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
" It likely helped, too, that Tech assistant coaches, despite not knowing their future past the bowl game, stayed on the road and in communication with committed players."

Pretty unselfish play by the staff. I don't think we could have asked for a better transition on their part.

They are men of great character. So is Coach Collins.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I hope our fans stand behind this class, they wanted to come to Tech , players like deserve our support.

I think it’s like many prior classes. No five stars of course. Plenty of 3 stars who are probably mostly relegated to 3 instead of 4 due to supposed offer lists, camps attended, etc.

A lot to be excited about even if rivals, 247, and local media don’t see it.

MikeJacket1967

Helluva Engineer
" It likely helped, too, that Tech assistant coaches, despite not knowing their future past the bowl game, stayed on the road and in communication with committed players."

Pretty unselfish play by the staff. I don't think we could have asked for a better transition on their part.
That was the smoothest transition that I've ever seen:cigar:

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
The thing that stuck out to me the most was "Collins told him he was watching the game on TV at his hotel and decided to go see the game in person, hopping in an Uber at halftime in time to shake Yates’ hand as he came out of the tunnel for the second half."

Collins took Uber to the Benz. Cannot see CPJ doing that:D;)

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
The thing that stuck out to me the most was "Collins told him he was watching the game on TV at his hotel and decided to go see the game in person, hopping in an Uber at halftime in time to shake Yates’ hand as he came out of the tunnel for the second half."

CPJ would have called up a former Marine who played for him and borrowed a LAV.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

He would have driven his Beamer to the Benz and made it for kickoff.

Hoooaah :p

To be fair, CPJ would not have had to go to the Benz at the last minute, since Yates was already committed. But IMO CPJ would have probably been at the game to start with in support of Yates. Any other year Collins would probably have been there for the entire game as well.