How does Army do this?

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Wouldn't you be very surprised if, after the decline in the program and the increasing loud protests about the offense, the offense was retained? I think it likely it will be the RPO so popular now. Now, new guy, are you better at attracting a QB?

I know what you mean, but I did change one word above......and attracting WR's while trying to improve the D recruiting.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I know what you mean, but I did change one word above......and attracting WR's while trying to improve the D recruiting.
I am an artist. And you presume to edit me? As for the WR, yes. It has hardly been noticed this year that a major improvement in Clemson has been at the WR slots. They were not very good there last year and that, along with Kelly Bryant's weaknesses, killed them against Alabama. (They had this thing about going into heavy traffic, going up and competing for the ball.)

LibertyTurns

Banned
Wouldn't you be very surprised if, after the decline in the program and the increasing loud protests about the offense, the offense was retained? I think it likely it will be the RPO so popular now. Now, new guy, are you better at finding a QB?
I’ll be very surprised if we go to an option coach, stunned may be a better word.

Finding a good QB is a make or break proposition for a college HC, any HC at any level actually. If we can attract good QBs, we will win. A good QB normally can get you close to the championship, a good defense wins championships.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
We could do so much worse than hiring Jeff Monken. The man is an amazing coach. To be honest, PJs best years at Tech were when Jeff was coaching QBs and bbacks.

I do not understand why some are so adamantly opposes to the option. It’s beautiful when executed well. It includes passing. The national football folks I respect the most love the option. The most exciting offenses in college football involve some form of option. For real, what gives?

Huddling up every play, impedes recruiting, running in every play with a player, throwing one time a game.

Fair or not, if we don't start throwing more & better it will really impact recruiting & attendance. JMO

It is not so much the option, but other things in the total mix.

OU was one game for them. Like mtsu, Kansas and Gardner Webb were for us.

Last edited:

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
Their defense isn't bad because they have a lot of drives, they are bad because they over a third of the drives against them end up in the endzone.

I want to see @Ibeeballin break down the OU-WVU game because I fully expect him after about six offensive plays to go, "Man ... I give up ... I don't know what this is ..." On one play OU had THREE guys in the same gap to stop a run which (of course!) bounced outside for a huge gain. That's just really, really crappy coaching.

3rd and 18: gave up a 55-yd TD.
1st and 10 from the 25: gave up a 75-yd TD. On a run that bounced outside.

At least GT's defense was nowhere near THAT bad.

Animal02

Banned
Huddling up every play, impedes recruiting, running in every play with a player, throwing one time a game.

Fair or not, if we don't start throwing more & better it will really impact recruiting & attendance. JMO

I am so tired of the Offense impedes recruiting" canard......it is just a excuse for those that don't like the option

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Okay, I got it. Without a good defense, Oklahoma isn't really all that close to Bama and Clem class football. Probably don't see the TO much either and we know what can happen to when defenses haven't experienced it much.

Inside, I didn't know that I would think it is a huge advantage.

I didn't ask the question to tout Monken, but he would be my choice. I think, as Techster said, he has taken Paul's offense to a higher level. I would love to see what he would do with the rookie quarterbacks who can throw it next year.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck

Going to save this post to see if recruiting goes up with a different offense.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
:ROFLMAO:
Gonna need a source there man.

Hyperbole. You can do better. This thread has the exact pass attempts per game for every year with CPJ. Don't be lazy.

There was a comma there for a reason. Referencing the whole system.

Running in every play from the sideline with a player. It isn't 1958,

The system, as we now run it does impede recruiting. And as I said JMO, whether you think people have a right to one or not.

Did not say we averaged one throw per game, yet we have done that. If you like that, fine. I recognize others have a right to differ.

So I keep reading we don't want the option, then we have cut out 85 potential coaches. Maybe they mean CPJs spread offense because, Auburn runs the Option, UCF runs the Option etc. As I keep saying, Malzahns offense as it should be run would work very well with our existing players.