How do you get fired up for 6a conditioning workouts?

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
If I didn't know any better I would call this I-week. They've got all the pledges in their separate uniforms and they're feeding them after morning activities. Break them down and then Derrick Moore builds em back up.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Never thought he could remember the snap count!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that wasn't the problem. I was going to give another smart alec response, but I'll just let it go at that. I don't see why you felt the need to rip him for the previous year since h played well last year.

Declinometer

Banned
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that wasn't the problem. I was going to give another smart alec response, but I'll just let it go at that. I don't see why you felt the need to rip him for the previous year since h played well last year.
You're an idiot! The question was, who saw him as a liability? I did, but recognize I was wrong. He was awful, awful with the snap count vs VT '13.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I wish you all could see Adam Gotsis work at practice. It's inspiring. If the whole team did it the way he does, we'd have something to be even more fired up about. Talk about leading by example--he's amazing.

Maybe that's why he's an NFL prospect. Hopefully the other guys see his work, and see that the NFL has him on their radar, and it becomes a motivational point for them. Let's remember, the guy came from Australia off the football radar entirely, and now he's rated as one of the top D-linemen in college football.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
The big, white kid who moves into the very left of the screen at about 12 seconds is Scott Morgan....the twin who will play on the offensive line. I saw them at Etowah's graduation and noticed just how big they both had gotten but especially Scott. Seeing him beside those other guys, it's apparent he's even pretty large up there beside other big fellows.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
The big, white kid who moves into the very left of the screen at about 12 seconds is Scott Morgan....the twin who will play on the offensive line. I saw them at Etowah's graduation and noticed just how big they both had gotten but especially Scott. Seeing him beside those other guys, it's apparent he's even pretty large up there beside other big fellows.

Roster has Scott slated for DL and Brad for OL. Either way, he looks like he's got more than an inch of height on Sellers who's listed at 6'4".

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I just wish someone would make sure JeT doesn't get left out of these things! I remember him being on the outside of the Snoddy field circle last year trying to see over all those bigger guys. I also find it interesting that he is still in a different shirt than everyone else. I guess he is still considered "no contact".

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Roster has Scott slated for DL and Brad for OL. Either way, he looks like he's got more than an inch of height on Sellers who's listed at 6'4".
Yeah, he's a legit 6'5". I'm 6'2" and he makes me feel small standing beside him. Both are great kids. They mentioned that they felt like that they had a slight advantage over some of the incoming freshmen because each one of them has a built-in work out partner and they push each other pretty well. Both are competitive as all get out so I can see that happening.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
........ The question was, who saw him as a liability? I did, but recognize I was wrong. He was awful, awful with the snap count vs VT '13.

I still think Chamberlain was a liability at one time ('13). Now he has gotten a lot better. So players get it and some don't. You don't know till it happens. The example in my mind is baseball - especially pitchers like Josh Heddinger who were awful for 2+ years and then the light went on. Or Laskey or Hill. Or even Gotsis - who had potential but not knowledge/experience.

I also think that playing time is like gold. You have to spend it wisely. If a senior and a young player have the same impact on a game that day, play the young player so he can get better and contribute more in the future.

I don't believe in sugar coating things or handing out false praise. It is what it is. Chamberlain has gotten a lot better. This happens with all players in all sports (or all people in all facets of life). The further below average you are, the more room you have to improve.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I skipped over all the comments.

A few years ago I was training for the NYC Marathon with an eye toward Boston. I needed to run <3:00 to qualify. EVERY morning, I was awake at 6 AM and my running shoes were on my feet at 6:02 and I was out for at least ten miles by 6:10. THIS is what you have to do to reach your athletic goals. I hope every kid we recruited has bought in to this idea years ago. Otherwise they will be utter failures at GT. This ain't easy, folks.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I skipped over all the comments.

A few years ago I was training for the NYC Marathon with an eye toward Boston. I needed to run <3:00 to qualify. EVERY morning, I was awake at 6 AM and my running shoes were on my feet at 6:02 and I was out for at least ten miles by 6:10. THIS is what you have to do to reach your athletic goals. I hope every kid we recruited has bought in to this idea years ago. Otherwise they will be utter failures at GT. This ain't easy, folks.
Why don't you just brag about it......:p