How do we keep Singleton?

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
I’ve heard from a few different sources who are more in the know about this stuff than I am that we were actually able to match UNC’s NIL offer for Nate. He ultimately decided to leave for other factors. I don’t think the NIL money for non-superstars is as crazy as we fear. If we win some games and build a culture people believe in, we should be able to keep more guys. Plus, as y’all have pointed out, most of those who left us haven’t exactly thrived. Pointing that out can’t hurt, either.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
I was watching the highlights Sunday and my first thought was there’s no way keep singleton. But then again, a good bit has changed since we lost Mccollum. I think king is #5 in the nation for passing touchdowns right now? That’s pretty appetizing for WR’s. Schools will no doubt offer him loads, likely more than we can match. But there’s probably very few schools that will simultaneously-
1. Pay more
2. Target him as much as we do (he prob won’t be the best at bama, but is at tech)
3. Have a playmaker like King

If I remember correctly, he was leaning Auburn and then chose us. So there may also be academic/family/location reasons he’s here.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Did I dream that earlier this year some other team's coach stated he was going to offer Singleton more NIL money to leave GT and come play for his school? Was that a bad dream, or did some coach actually say that?

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
McCollum should be a good lesson for these young men. If we start winning there’s a good chance they ain’t going nowhere
RTP paper had an update on Walker injury . Also mentioned McCollum had a lower leg injury and was being monitored. Didn't see that during the game.

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
WRs are important, but there are a lot of good WRs available. If you are going to spend money, do it on a stud LB or DL, or a QB if you don’t have one. You have to be aware of supply and demand.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
$500k is a starting point. Ole Miss may hang $750k-$1m in front of him. At least that's what I'm hearing.

I donated $10 for every point they scored against unc. I suggest MANY others do the same because he isn't the only one GT has to pay. Gonna need 2-3 million to be competitive. 4-5 to be consistent.

Per year.
Tf??? No way.... also why you block me on Twitter?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I find it hard to believe Ole Miss has paid anywhere close to $1m for any of our players or that they are going to with Singleton. If you pay every scholarship player $50k, you are $4.25m in NIL yearly. If Singleton were to come in and be one of, say, the top 3-5 players on their team next season I could maaaybe see it, but even then I don't really think it's likely. Good receivers are a lot more readily available than big DTs or QBs, would a team really burn $1m on one WR? How much are teams really spending on NIL every year?
If the ol keeps improving ( limied sacks, clean, pocket, time for longer route tree) and king and pyron are throwing dimes in practice, we have good chance of keeping him.

Any WR wants good qb and good ol. We have a chance to get good and stay good as jr and sr ol.
Can we have nice things at gt ?

Last edited:

LoganvilleJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
If the ol keeps improving ( limied sacks, clean, pocket, time for longer route tree) and king and pyron are throwing dimes in practice, we have good chance of keeping him.

Any WR wants good qb and good ol. We have a chance to get good and stay good as jr and sr ol.
Can we have nice things at gt ?
That is my thought. If we did lose Singleton or others, what's to say we could not get someone else? If we got Blaylock, Leary and others in the portal AND got Singleton to sign with us before King proved anything......then why can we not attract others based on this year's production?. That said, I hope like hell we keep all of our WR.