Honeycomb?

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Southern%20yellow%20jacket's%20nest-2.jpg

For those who have never seen a yellow jacket nest...

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
As pointed out above, yellow jackets do have nests with the comb pattern. They do not make honey, however, and technically their nests are not called "honeycomb." That said, I don't think the Georgia Tech pattern has officially been called honeycomb or anything. That is just how it is referred to colloquially. Nerds we are, some fans prefer the nomenclature "hexacomb" to be more accurate. Sting 'em Jackets!

paperwaspnest.jpg

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Why honeycomb? Don't we get belittled enough being referred to as "the bees"?
I think they look sharp, wish we broke them out a little more often (maybe use them once home and away each season). And on your last point, I don't give 2 Fs if people call us the bees. First option is just get thicker skin so these kinds of things don't bother you, if that fails just punch em in the mouth.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I think they look sharp, wish we broke them out a little more often (maybe use them once home and away each season). And on your last point, I don't give 2 Fs if people call us the bees. First option is just get thicker skin so these kinds of things don't bother you, if that fails just punch em in the mouth.
We wore them quite a bit last year

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
What is so hard about alternating between 2 uniforms that most all GT fans love???????????????????????????????????????

8.jpeg
12.jpeg