Home Tailgating..

GT33

Helluva Engineer
He doesn’t NO anything else but playing HARD… since 5 years olds… and he will lead by example but will also Challenge his Teammates to do the same… He’s been training in Georgia for 2 years during the off-season he’s senior year in HS he was coming to Georgia to play at Mountianview or Milton but he already had 13 offers he didn’t want come the biggest mistake I made
Your son will leave GT loved if he's anything near what you say he is. Will be good to have leadership on the offensive side of the ball.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Where to set up… Do you have to buy a space or can you just find a space that first come? Drinking no Drinking… Here in Buffalo I had my own tent that was welcomed to all but always had over 50 ppl. Had my own D.J was always a good time…
Wanted to say welcome to the family!

We tailgate at the Varsity parking lot. It's usually $40 to park. We throw up our tent, have a spread and grill on our camper grill. Drinks are fine usually a cooler of beer and a handle of whiskey for the wife and I. Just depends on the game time is depending on what's on the menu. We did chicken legs last year 2x and they were great. There is a group of us at the Varsity. It's also an easy walk after the game and puts you right on spring street to head up or down 75/85

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
That’s definitely a benefit of tailgating and games in ATL. There are so many ways to easily get to the interstate that you can generally be on the highway within 10 minutes.

Getting out of the parking decks usually takes the longest time.

Tmcduffie16

Georgia Tech Fan
Definitely going to follow this thread. Planning on coming back for a game this year. Might bring my son to the WCU game since we should win and tickets won’t be hard to come by and a friend of mine is a Marriota/Oregon fan. Thinking of doing a GT home game and a Falcons home game the next day.
If you want to have your son take a pic with one of the Falcons….. let me know in advance I have two players on the Team that I coached and have a strong relationship with( Steve Means and Qadree Ollison)

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I've never done a formal tailgate at Tech (which honestly astounds me, but I usually don't drive to games). We love to bring a couple beers and grab a Pub sub/snacks at 9th and Spring and post up on the 5th St Bridge, Tech Green in the shade, or the old campus. I love having our stadium on-campus but tailgating on a former runway with cars as far as the eye can see was a surreal/more communal/more social experience. Are there any particular lots or spots on campus that provide that party vibe in others experience?

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I've never done a formal tailgate at Tech (which honestly astounds me, but I usually don't drive to games). We love to bring a couple beers and grab a Pub sub/snacks at 9th and Spring and post up on the 5th St Bridge, Tech Green in the shade, or the old campus. I love having our stadium on-campus but tailgating on a former runway with cars as far as the eye can see was a surreal/more communal/more social experience. Are there any particular lots or spots on campus that provide that party vibe in others experience?
When I was still in the Atl, we always did the campanile. You have to carry stuff a little ways to get there but it was worth it for the environment. Always watched the team walk and followed the band doing their "you're going the wrong way" schtick by the library. Good times, man do I need to get back in town soon.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
When I was still in the Atl, we always did the campanile. You have to carry stuff a little ways to get there but it was worth it for the environment. Always watched the team walk and followed the band doing their "you're going the wrong way" schtick by the library. Good times, man do I need to get back in town soon.
Is the team walk going to be on yellow jacket alley?
That was really way better than the short version of the last few years. .

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Is the team walk going to be on yellow jacket alley?
That was really way better than the short version of the last few years. .
I sure hope it moves back. My tailgate spot in Peters Park is 20 ft off YJA, right about where they would park the Wreck. The crowd atmosphere was fantastic, building up bit by bit in the hour leading up to the walkthrough. The past two years at the tailgate were just a whole lot of blah…

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I sure hope it moves back. My tailgate spot in Peters Park is 20 ft off YJA, right about where they would park the Wreck. The crowd atmosphere was fantastic, building up bit by bit in the hour leading up to the walkthrough. The past two years at the tailgate were just a whole lot of blah…
The long y j a was "fun" for fans , family and players. Sometimes the families detained their son to the point some coaches could have felt it was distracting.

We shared some really good photos( of parent players at yja.) to

Let's see wins and gtaa come up w post game celebrations as players come out after game!