Home Tailgating..

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Can someone please enlighten me on the flow in which tailgating is done for home games… I’m looking to throw a tailgate event for the first game for family and friends who’s coming and would truly Appreciate any guidance… Thanks
Hey hey! So I'm confused by the question. Do you mean like when to set up, when to cook, when to pack up? Or more like where? Or what to bring?

I am more than willing to share any and all info I have, just not sure where to start :) haha.

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
As2337 stated, please provide more info on what you would like to do. There is a tailgate company that can provide everything. They have tents on the ground between the library and student center.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Depends on what you mean by the home first game. The first home game is at MBS on Sept 5th. The first game at Grant Field is Sept. 10th.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Where to set up… Do you have to buy a space or can you just find a space that first come? Drinking no Drinking… Here in Buffalo I had my own tent that was welcomed to all but always had over 50 ppl. Had my own D.J was always a good time…
The Tailgate Guys will set up a tent for $$, there's the 5th St Bridge, Peters Parking Deck and Yellow Jacket Alley, if you got an RV there's Techwood Dr, over by the "Rusty C" there's a bunch of areas. Then you got the "V", Varsity parking & other assorted parking lots like the one across from the Bookstore. Some people tailgate by McCammish (The Tit). Most are first come, first served.

Tmcduffie16

Georgia Tech Fan
The Tailgate Guys will set up a tent for $$, there's the 5th St Bridge, Peters Parking Deck and Yellow Jacket Alley, if you got an RV there's Techwood Dr, over by the "Rusty C" there's a bunch of areas. Then you got the "V", Varsity parking & other assorted parking lots like the one across from the Bookstore. Some people tailgate by McCammish (The Tit). Most are first come, first served.
Thanks a brunch… now is this true for MBS

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
5th street bridge is usually my go to. Can walk to the bookstore for bathrooms. Lots of people and convenient For dropping supplies And getting to the game.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
5th street bridge is usually my go to. Can walk to the bookstore for bathrooms. Lots of people and convenient For dropping supplies And getting to the game.
Is that 5th street bridge area a first come type deal. Who controls it otherwise. Lots of people use the varsity lots. Do they charge?

tatejohnson55

Georgia Tech Fan
Is that 5th street bridge area a first come type deal. Who controls it otherwise. Lots of people use the varsity lots. Do they charge?
The varsity does charge for parking usually 30 or 40$ depending on who we are playing not that bad to park at the varsity then you can go thru the tunnel get there faster than crossing over the I-75 bridge

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Last year we got a tail gate spot at MBS for unc.
We drove up from fla. Got there when gate opened. Then traded gulf shrimp w several ol families and TE families we knew. The Letterman had a function so we got to see the Bryan's and Brauns.

We will be doing it again this year.
Stay in touch by PM

Also I am considering bring my trailer grill for a gt tail gate at FSU game. .

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Yes. First come first serve. The north side is a little wider than the south side so it usually gets snapped up. Typically there is space left over. Especially as of late.

Tmcduffie16

Georgia Tech Fan
I appreciate sincerely all the help and love.. I joined this group because I know the TRUE fans of the program are the HEART BEAT… just wanted to give you a glimpse of who coming… It’s been a lot of conversation and call since he decide to leave… Buffalo was just his football program but more importantly it HOME! believe if it wasnt for coach Daniels being at GT not sure I would’ve let him go to Oklahoma or Oklahoma state… or Pitt who’s also offered….

JacketFan137

Banned
I appreciate sincerely all the help and love.. I joined this group because I know the TRUE fans of the program are the HEART BEAT… just wanted to give you a glimpse of who coming… It’s been a lot of conversation and call since he decide to leave… Buffalo was just his football program but more importantly it HOME! believe if it wasnt for coach Daniels being at GT not sure I would’ve let him go to Oklahoma or Oklahoma state… or Pitt who’s also offered….

if your son plays hard (which you can see clearly in his film) this place will love him. everybody is very passionate and the negativity on here is just people that want this program to be great. can’t wait to watch him this year and i think he can be a part of the driving force to get this right!

Tmcduffie16

Georgia Tech Fan
if your son plays hard (which you can see clearly in his film) this place will love him. everybody is very passionate and the negativity on here is just people that want this program to be great. can’t wait to watch him this year and i think he can be a part of the driving force to get this right!
He doesn’t NO anything else but playing HARD… since 5 years olds… and he will lead by example but will also Challenge his Teammates to do the same… He’s been training in Georgia for 2 years during the off-season he’s senior year in HS he was coming to Georgia to play at Mountianview or Milton but he already had 13 offers he didn’t want come the biggest mistake I made