Home Jersey Number Difficult to Read From the Stands

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Believe you are referring to 2011... I don't think they fixed it ... I think they just made the numbers blue also .. so we had a white jersey with gold shoulder stripes and blue letters(instead of the original gold numbers) and a white jersey with with blue shoulder stripes and blue numbees
You are probably correct. Hard to think that they made a whole bunch of new jerseys with thicker outlines.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Point taken... And me/I are one of my peeves. [emoji21]
Not trying to be that guy, but you had a typo there:

Not sure if there is anything that caN be done about it before the Clemson game, but it would make a lot of season ticket holders happy if you can "make something happen", so that we can better make out who is on the field.

Just saying it’s important to pay attention to the details when complaining about details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
You actually sent him this email? The jerseys looked fine

Except for the numbers being hard to read. The broadcasters said the same, btw.

The jerseys looked good but it's ok to admit the gold-on-white combo lends itself to having a contrast that leads to difficulty distinguishing between the two colors from distance.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Except for the numbers being hard to read. The broadcasters said the same, btw.

The jerseys looked good but it's ok to admit the gold-on-white combo lends itself to having a contrast that leads to difficulty distinguishing between the two colors from distance.
I think gold numbers on white jerseys will die off hopefully by next year. Simply does not work vs alternative solutions for a white jersey.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Loved the look on a bright sunny day. Is it a little harder to make out numbers? Yeah a little. Is it impossible? Hell no. We have the whiniest fan base in America.

Is it a good thing or a bad thing most of em stay at home on game days? I’m really starting to wonder and maybe changing my long time stance.

You know what “looks worse” than your most hated Tech uni ever? BDS not even half full. Biggest reason of them all that we struggle recruiting.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
These are the base uniforms for the next 3 years btw. Not sure some of you caught that memo when they were released.

Hopefully they'll be smart and switch to the unis with the blue numbers, which are more traditional Tech uniforms anyway. Like no one saw this coming. I've been going to Tech games for 40 years and, unless you have a thick blue border, gold numbers don't work. If you are more than 10 or 15 rows from the field, you cannot see them unless the players are facing you and standing still. Needs to be fixed and luckily, we have the unis with the blue numbers to go to.

bartoma

Jolly Good Fellow
DOH, you're correct. I hate that! Just proof that a GT grad and not an English major ;)
Back when the SAT was 1600, I scored just about evenly... Compared to the incoming class, that was above 80% in English and below 80% in Math... Still managed to get out with a BEE..

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
I must be blind as can be because from my seats in upper east (224,223 previously) I've never been able to see the numbers well. My brain pieces together the position and general shape of the numbers in hopes I'm cheering for the correct player :ROFLMAO:

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Hopefully they'll be smart and switch to the unis with the blue numbers, which are more traditional Tech uniforms anyway. Like no one saw this coming. I've been going to Tech games for 40 years and, unless you have a thick blue border, gold numbers don't work. If you are more than 10 or 15 rows from the field, you cannot see them unless the players are facing you and standing still. Needs to be fixed and luckily, we have the unis with the blue numbers to go to.
Yep!!!

Same issue has happened in the past. #sigh

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
Insufferable fan base
We have an old, old fan base, including myself. The heat, traffic, stairs, lack of parking, etc. is rough on us. As our fan base dies off, it is not being replaced with the graduates from the past 20 years. Football is just not a priority for many of them

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
We have an old, old fan base, including myself. The heat, traffic, stairs, lack of parking, etc. is rough on us. As our fan base dies off, it is not being replaced with the graduates from the past 20 years. Football is just not a priority for many of them
I don’t get the “Fanbase dying off thing” people hve been saying that for years number of fans has and will always be about the same.