Home Jersey Number Difficult to Read From the Stands

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Just sent the following simple email to TS. If some/many of you will do something similar, MAYBE we will SEE the results in the stands.

To: [email protected]
Subject: GT Home Jersey Hard to Read Numbers

Mr. Stansbury -

First off let me thank you for the positive energy that you have helped instill since you have come back to GT.

Now for a minor complaint regarding the new jerseys for the football team. Me and many others had difficulty reading the numbers on the player jerseys from the stands today. A few years ago we had a similar problem and they were able to make the contrast trim around the gold numbers wider/bolder.

Not sure if there is anything that cam be done about it before the Clemson game, but it would make a lot of season ticket holders happy if you can "make something happen", so that we can better make out who is on the field.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

GTFowler

Georgia Tech Fan
Just sent the following simple email to TS. If some/many of you will do something similar, MAYBE we will SEE the results in the stands.

Mr. Stansbury -

First off let me thank you for the positive energy that you have helped instill since you have come back to GT.

Now for a minor complaint regarding the new jerseys for the football team. Me and many others had difficulty reading the numbers on the player jerseys from the stands today. A few years ago we had a similar problem and they were able to make the contrast trim around the gold numbers wider/bolder.

Not sure if there is anything that cam be done about it before the Clemson game, but it would make a lot of season ticket holders happy if you can "make something happen", so that we can better make out who is on the field.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Believe you are referring to 2011... I don't think they fixed it ... I think they just made the numbers blue also .. so we had a white jersey with gold shoulder stripes and blue letters(instead of the original gold numbers) and a white jersey with with blue shoulder stripes and blue numbees

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
It Might change if the media started a stink.

But hard to believe this was not “tested” from a seat most far from the field a long time ago.

To me it is somewhat like 2008, in that these unis (#s specifically) look better on tv and in media pictures than they do in person.

Also, the new Gold logo in McCamish looks great, to me anyway, in person. But on TV, that logo on the court looks like a Green mess.

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
Lets go back to these - numbers are highly visible

IMG_2445.JPG

MidtownJacket

Staff member

Mr. Stansbury -

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Not trying to be that guy, but you had a typo there:

Not sure if there is anything that caN be done about it before the Clemson game, but it would make a lot of season ticket holders happy if you can "make something happen", so that we can better make out who is on the field.

Just saying it’s important to pay attention to the details when complaining about details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Well ... I don't think I'm the only one... quotes below are from the Post Game Thread.

I hate the Gold numbers from where I sat you could not made out who was who ( but I'm old maybe others didn't have the problem )

@Milwaukee the names & numbers were hard to read from the Upper East....that shade of gold is light

From the north stands you cannot see the numbers past the near 30 yard line at all. The sun reflects off the jersies and the numbers cannnot be seen. I hate them for that reason as I try to keep up with who is in the game...not a chance today.

They're pretty hard to read in the stands. The blue edging needs to be a bit thicker to contrast at a distance.

Probably a thicker outline then.

It was. Also, the gold was a bit darker and wasn't as reflective. It's a good looking uni but the numbers are hard to read from the stands.