High praise for Brad Stewart from Ricky Jeune

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Not gonna lie...that article got me a little. Great story about his grandfather as well.

Brad's a baller. Wish more people on here would acknowledge it. Not gonna wow you with burner's speed or freak size, but he's just a really good athlete that's fundamentally sound in everything he does. That's why he was able to play as a true freshmen. Now that he's gotten stronger and has worked on his explosiveness, I'm excited to see his progression. One of the players I said would make a leap in his second year.

I don't know about anyone else but I don't tend to acknowledge that kind of stuff until I consistently see it on a college football field.

ACC Bee

Banned
I actually still hold out high hopes for Philpott. Maybe he'll never be healthy, but I think he's got all the talent in the world.
I don't know about anyone else but I don't tend to acknowledge that kind of stuff until I consistently see it on a college football field.

jacket fan in dairyland

Jolly Good Fellow
Really, what's he going to say ? It's all just "player speak ", preseason fluff. Until our current receiver corp is able to get some separation , with some sense of urgency, on a consistent basis, it puts an awful lot of pressure on our young offensive line. Every completed pass cannot be a " jump ball " into tight coverage. That turns us into a one dimensional team where the running game better be hot. No mistakes, no penalties, no fumbles. This is not last year where we started the season playing cupcakes. BC is not Clemson, but they know how to play defense , especially against the run. They return lots of size and experience in their front 7 and their LBs are stout. Upset alert tomorrow morning ......I hope I'm wrong.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
This thread and the "Mills" thread have convinced me that this is the longest offseason in the history of offseasons. Come on 7:30 EST.

historically, I tend to agree, the offseasons following 3 win (or less) seasons do tend to drag on a bit longer. It's an unpleasant aftertaste that is just hard to get rid of .