Here is our problem on the Swarm

Animal02

Banned
I wish I loved our fans as much as I love our Team.

But so many of our fans are just plain idiots who just want everyone to know how right they are/were.

Here's a suggestion for all you morons who are more interested in being right than in GT being successful: Drop Dead. No one will miss you.
Try looking in a mirror ... :rolleyes:

Vespidie

Jolly Good Fellow
Two problems with the swarm. Anyone who attempts to tell others to "shut up" "get on board" "complaining because they like one coach over another instead of being a fan of the school or program. Primarily though attempts by members to silence the opinions of others through personal attacks. That is unnecessary and childish. There is an ignore feature here anyone can use if they need a safe space from opposing viewpoints. Second problem in my own opinion is a moderator bias toward those who are strident supporters of the current coach. Those individuals have to go far outside of bounds on the first problem before action is taken by moderators while it appears there is a broader approach to deleting / removing posts from those who do not support or particularly care for the current staff or make criticisms of same.

Bottom line. There is an ignore feature that members should use if they don't like the content of particular members on any point. The moderators should encourage use of that feature rather than sanction or silence debate. Opinion from a sidewalk fan that doesn't honestly spend a ton of time here. But enough to see some odd behavior. Probably typical among most fan bases. And typical of society today with movements toward silencing opposing speech.

Oh geez, now you’ve gone and done it. You admitted to being a sidewalk fan, so for that reason alone your expressed opinions aren’t nearly as important as those being posted by alums, because they know much more about GT sports in general, and more specifically the sport where they post their message.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Coach loyalty has become such a problem that you can’t even talk about football without it being evaluated as-to whose side you are on. It seems that questions are translated into agendas and bewilderment translated into love of CPJ.

Odd to me because when CPJ was here nobody was more frustrated with his defenses and refusal to pass over the middle than I was.

I’m honestly confused by our inability to actually talk football. I get it if we are in the Lounge talking politics but here talking football ? We are getting complained on, corrected, accused of untruths and warned ? By fellow bloggers ? Does it really rise to the level of calling on Moderators ? Seriously ?

The problem on Swarm is respectful communication. Insults are a two way street. I don't care who the coach is, as a fan I think it’s natural to question one week and love the next. Either way, I want us to do good. We shouldn’t be yelling insults to each other over presumptions. Some of us are actually trying to talk about football, not coach loyalty.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I doubt it. Graham is a 4* with offers from Bama and ugag and bigger/faster/more elusive. Passing wise....we'll see. Biggest issue=grades.
I think Graham's offers and rating were as ATH, not QB. Yates rated 4* as a legitimate DT QB. But my opinion is not based on rating, but from persons closer to our program than I. Also, Graham still struggles with routine ball control completions late in the season. But as you say, we will see.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
If we do, it will be a lightning in a bottle type thing.......or as CPJ has suggested, if things realign due to the paying of players, be could as a second level division.
This is the only possibility of another NC for us.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I like to see differences of opinion except when posters continue to post their same beliefs in the same thread ad infinatum and it becomes a rant. I think the mods have tried to address this problem on both sides and overall do a good job moderating this board. It's a tough job.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
Coach Gaily got on 1/2 the fans bad side with flunk gate and some blamed him for playing an injured running back and losing him for the year. His so called pro offense was just plain boring. If he had any lead 1 point he was going to be more conservative and try and let the defense win the game. And he wanted to finish his job in the pro's before coming and recruiting.

spot on. he was cavalier about education imo. he treated the players as if they were 'mature' nfl millionaires.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
I’m honestly confused by our inability to actually talk football. I get it if we are in the Lounge talking politics but here talking football ?

Yes, you nailed it -- this is the problem with the swarm.

What the orginal post highlighted was true for about a month a year ago.

Time to move on. Maybe another win today would help?

/