Here Are The ACC Predictions In 2018 According To Athlon

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Bob Petrino could very well leave Louisville after the 2018 season i could see him going to North Carolina or Baylor. I think the honeymoon is over for BP in Louisville and he will want to get while the getting is good;)
I never understood why Matt Rhule took the Baylor job, I thought he could've gotten a much better P5 job. I think he out-coached Willie (More Beans Mr.) Taggart over the same period but Taggart for some reason was the hotter commodity. So you could be right, although Baylor will still owe Rhule for 5 years on his contract.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I never understood why Matt Rhule took the Baylor job, I thought he could've gotten a much better P5 job. I think he out-coached Willie (More Beans Mr.) Taggart over the same period but Taggart for some reason was the hotter commodity. So you could be right, although Baylor will still owe Rhule for 5 years on his contract.
Matt Rhule should have stayed at Temple he would have been better off. Bob Petrino is a colorful guy and that's something Matt Rhule will never be and maybe Baylor needs a colorful coach who will get a lot of press coverage.

It really depends on who is QB. If TQ, then 6-6 at best, with losses to Clemson, miami, vpi, mutts and 2 of Loserville, uva, puke, unc.

If Lucas, then possibly 8+.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
It really depends on who is QB. If TQ, then 6-6 at best, with losses to Clemson, miami, vpi, mutts and 2 of Loserville, uva, puke, unc.

You're right. There's absolutely NO chance our 1,100 yard rusher who threw 10 TDs and 5 INTs and ran for 17 TDs improves in his second year starting, but 100% chance that a brand new guy with almost zero snaps in live action improves our win total by a minimum of 3 games.

Got it.

(As always, edited to say I love LJ and if wins the job I'll be his biggest fan, too. Or TO. Or JG)

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer

Remember that TaQuon lead us to a win vs VT and a “shoulda been” win at Miami (in a game where we were down to our 3rd string BB and a monsoon shut us down, then it took a miracle deflected ball catch on 4th down to allow them to steal the victory), so I’m not really sure why you’d say those are guaranteed losses.

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
Matt Rhule should have stayed at Temple he would have been better off. Bob Petrino is a colorful guy and that's something Matt Rhule will never be and maybe Baylor needs a colorful coach who will get a lot of press coverage.
What Baylor wanted and needed was a complete culture change. They wanted a clean Coach who could tear the program down and rebuild it. Rhule played a ton of younger players and freshman last year. I would be shocked if Baylor decided to quickly replace him.

GSOJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
We'd better learn how to win some ACC road games, because pretty good odds we aren't going to win all our ACC home games this year.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
and maybe Baylor needs a colorful coach who will get a lot of press coverage.

Considering the reasons for Baylor's sudden downfall, and their loss of an up and coming program building coach in the process, I wouldn't think that hiring Petrino at Baylor would be a very wise idea. Nothing says "we are making strides to ensure our football team and other athletics programs treats women on campus with dignity and respect" quite like hiring a football coach who was previously fired for an affair with a young coed on his football staff.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
BF82ED34-3FE4-4D5F-B25A-9C8402918ADC.png
Can’t get the link to work but this what collegefootballnews.com think we will do in 2018. Wins are in bold.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Ok, I get it. The "analysts" at collegefootballnews didn't even look at who has who returning. That's the only way they could have come up with this "prediction". I mean, I've read some silly stuff about college football in my time, but this is beyond the pale.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
im pinning my hopes on a break through true fresheman qb being what we lacked on o and an attacking d based on speed.

14 and o baby. gt beats tosu 41-38 in the nc game thanks to a blocked last second field goal by our aggressive disruptive d and a pick 6 that put us ahead.

stick that up your gazzooo dwags. heh

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
Yessss. I think we have tended to underestimate the effects of those games in the slop. The game against da U especially grates; we were beating them handily in the first half, then the deluge wiped it away. That was a real heartbreaker.

I think we win 7 - 9 games next year, depending on the breaks. We have a brand new D and I don't expect that to be super in its first year. If we play up to last year's standard and don't get dumped by the Football Gods, we should win 7. Then it's up to the bounces, as usual. For everybody but Bammer, that is.

the real heartbreaker for me in that game was... 1. roof's lack of adjusting to what richt was throwing. 2. when roof finally did make that adjustment and the caines threw long on 4th down no less.. it took the bounce of an almost intercepted pass into a receivers hands to beat us.

and if i recall a bad bounce resulted in yet another loss last year.

ive been following fb for over 70 years and ive never seen such sad luck happen to a team more than the jackets.

the
n we have the game crocks. heh