Here Are The ACC Predictions In 2018 According To Athlon

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Maybe it’s blind optimism but with 9 starters back on O and a deeper and hopefully healthy O Line I see no reason why we can’t win 8. The new D will get tested early. USF and Pitt won’t be near what they’ve been but it’s 2 solid teams back to back on the road with Clemson to follow. I think we learn a lot about this team by week 3.

GTdragons

Jolly Good Fellow
Not buying Miami. They got lucky in 3 of their wins, blown out by Pitt. That being said I think it will be either us or VT in the Coastal this year. Clemson will win the Atlantic.

I was going to say that they will get Mark Walton back, but if you google him there are unofficial reports that he’s going pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
10-2 to 6-6 season next year. Tough road schedule along with Miami and Clemson at home.

Probably losses: Clemson & @UGA

Toss-up: @Louisville, @VT, Miami, Duke, @UNC, @Pitt

Probable wins: Alcorn State, @USF, Bowling Green, UVA

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully they predict it doesn't rain on the Saturdays of the 2018 football season;)
Yessss. I think we have tended to underestimate the effects of those games in the slop. The game against da U especially grates; we were beating them handily in the first half, then the deluge wiped it away. That was a real heartbreaker.

I think we win 7 - 9 games next year, depending on the breaks. We have a brand new D and I don't expect that to be super in its first year. If we play up to last year's standard and don't get dumped by the Football Gods, we should win 7. Then it's up to the bounces, as usual. For everybody but Bammer, that is.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Until we lose a game I'll say 12-0 . After we lose a game I'll say 11-1 and so on.
Wife says that i think like u.
But after the End of Yearc beat down by duke in second half and axx wipping by uga i cant get excited.

Yes - T stan & Coach trying to fix structural things - aggressive d, new locker room, russel, recruiting.

Things like making folks pay for selling out to stop the run and the ol and backfield missed assignments will still be outstanding issues in 19. So far coach has shown satisfaction w coaching and players but maybe he has an internal plan.
Hope we see his behind the scene efforts
Sorry no 12-0 as I am maxed out at 6 -6 .

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Wife says that i think like u.
But after the End of Yearc beat down by duke in second half and axx wipping by uga i cant get excited.

Yes - T stan & Coach trying to fix structural things - aggressive d, new locker room, russel, recruiting.

Things like making folks pay for selling out to stop the run and the ol and backfield missed assignments will still be outstanding issues in 19. So far coach has shown satisfaction w coaching and players but maybe he has an internal plan.
Hope we see his behind the scene efforts
Sorry no 12-0 as I am maxed out at 6 -6 .
You just need more beer, drink about 6 or 7 and think about it again. :)

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
I predict I am going to be more optimistic this year. I really like our change at DC. I think I see the beginning of a different program. It might not be there game one but I bet by game 13 we see some real improvement on the defensive side of the ball.

Jmonty71

Banned

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Sounds about right. I can't argue with that. All except the ACC hardly ever works out like the experts plan.
I think 2018 will be the Larry Fedora Farewell Tour. I don't think he'll survive the Tarholes going 4-8. Gus Malzahn could wind up at UNC in 2019 since the President of Auburn said the contract they offered him hasn't been signed by Malzahn and isn't final.