Hedges question

shockwaveGT

Jolly Good Fellow
7115818923_dff0d1443b.jpg

You mean this d-bag? Yeah, they can't really talk about disrespecting their hedges (which grow back naturally) when they're ripping up chunks of turf (which need to be replaced to keep a decent playing surface). I'm pretty sure they replace the turf each year anyways though, but one of these acts is more destructive...and yet I don't think we need to raise a fuss when they do it other than beating their asses next time so they don't have a chance.

Silly mutts, convinced a mouthful of dirt is a reward.

southernhive

Jolly Good Fellow
This may be a bit off topic, but in general we are discussing - Getting under the skin of ugag fans. So, let the ugag fans know we lost to an inferior Mark Richt coached Miami team. I'm glad Rev Richt is gone from UGA. May Smart be like Donnan.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Well, yes, I think it is destruction of private property on both parties part.

To me that is not the issue. To me I want not one thing to do with what is theirs. I do not want it to touch my skin, contaminate my air with its urine infested leaves, and certainly not ruin the environment outside of the cesspool that is Athens GA.

I prefer we duplicate the bama model - "we just beat the living hell out of you, why would we want anything associated with you losers.?"

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
So earlier I got into a debate with a few ppl on Facebook. They were saying how disrespectful it was to take pieces of the bushes after the win, how it was "destroying property", and how it showed a lack of class and home training by our players. I totally disagreed but do any of you feel it was disrespectful?
They need to get over themselves.

In all seriousness it's called privet and it grows like a weed in every pasture in the south. It grows in my backyard and it's a devil of plant to get rid of once it gets a hold in your yard.

The rocket scientists in their horticulture department cultivated a more "cultured" variety but it's still a pasture weed.

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't like the idea of messing with anything someone else holds dear - even if that thing is an ugly, invasive plant that will grow back in no time.

I do like the idea that the winning team plant their flag on the 50 yard line after the game - no matter whether it is home team or the visitors. Both teams should agree to that.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
By most traditions among rivals, attacking the hedges for souvenirs is tame. I tell people to get s life. Like CPJ said, if they didn't like it, they shoulda won the game.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
Honestly after uga students and fans destroyed them after a reg season win against Tenn they have nothing to ***** about. After they destroyed property after the South Carolina loss a few years ago they cannot complain about " property damage". When your own "fans" destroy something that was to supposed to have meaning, they lose any right to *****. JMO. For what it's worth, Will got me a chunk from the 50 yard line :)

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Their "hedge" is made of privet. A weed that is just below kudzu on the plant invasiveness scale. I had privet in my yard when I lived in Augusta and could not get rid of it. It's basically the syphilis of the plant kingdom. Anyone who tries to claim that taking a few branches is causing harm is an idiot.

LOL. I didn't see syphilis in Wiki: "Privet is a successful invasive species because of its ability to outcompete and therefore displace native vegetation, due to its adaptability. Various species are now a problem in North America and Australia."

But I did see this: "Some species produce a fruit, which is mildly toxic to humans.[6][9] Symptoms from eating privet fruit include nausea, headache, abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea, weakness, low blood pressure, and low body temperature.[6]"

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
The hedges are cut down and grown every year. Our players are just holding on to clippings in case they are needed later.

I have read this here, and several other places since Saturday. I had not heard or read of that before.

I do not doubt you, but is there any reference?