Hedges question

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
So earlier I got into a debate with a few ppl on Facebook. They were saying how disrespectful it was to take pieces of the bushes after the win, how it was "destroying property", and how it showed a lack of class and home training by our players. I totally disagreed but do any of you feel it was disrespectful?

Hell, they cut the hedges back to the ground after the end of every season anyway, so what difference does it make. I also got into an argument with someone on FB about that last night. She also thought planting the flag and the band covering the mid-field logo with one our own back in the 90s as being disrespectful. I reminded her that the mutts had planted their flag on Grant Field last year and pointed out that the band logo was simply part of the halftime show, and that the fans' reaction to it was absurd.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
If we were leveling them to a pulp maybe but it's a rivalry game. In the same way I don't think it's disrespectful for either team to plant flags and stomp on the field or even take part of grant field.

It's the spoils of war and it helps give this rivalry some fire. I think as schools GT and UGA should expect this coming in and as long as it's not destroying an away team locker room or something it's fine.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
No more disrespectful than the Criminoles tradition of ripping up a piece of the opponent's field to bury in their "Big Win Cemetary" back at their campus.

But I would imagine CPJ saying something like: "If they don't like then they need to win the game on their home field."

Much like Spurrier said to a sideline reporter when he was asked why he was still passing and running up the score on an opponent late in the fourth quarter: "They have scholarship athletes too!"

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
Didn't that douche bag center take chunks of our field and put it in his mouth back in 2009? It didn't offend me at all. They plant their flag in the middle of our field when they win. It's a rivalry. Win the damn game.

How long have we been taking pieces of the hedges after a win? It's the last game of the season and a poster below says they cut them to the ground after the season any ways. If it was the first game of the season, it's maybe a different story. Get over it.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Didn't that douche bag center take chunks of our field and put it in his mouth back in 2009? It didn't offend me at all. They plant their flag in the middle of our field when they win. It's a rivalry. Win the damn game.

How long have we been taking pieces of the hedges after a win? It's the last game of the season and a poster below says they cut them to the ground after the season any ways. If it was the first game of the season, it's maybe a different story. Get over it.

7115818923_dff0d1443b.jpg

You mean this d-bag? Yeah, they can't really talk about disrespecting their hedges (which grow back naturally) when they're ripping up chunks of turf (which need to be replaced to keep a decent playing surface). I'm pretty sure they replace the turf each year anyways though, but one of these acts is more destructive...and yet I don't think we need to raise a fuss when they do it other than beating their asses next time so they don't have a chance.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
So earlier I got into a debate with a few ppl on Facebook. They were saying how disrespectful it was to take pieces of the bushes after the win, how it was "destroying property", and how it showed a lack of class and home training by our players. I totally disagreed but do any of you feel it was disrespectful?
Just ask them how they felt when they torn our field up with a Georgia flag.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Show them these

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Please let me know what they have to say after they see this stuff.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
Sure it was disrespectful....it's called rivalry. They do the same sort of crap at our place, why can't we do it at theirs?

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Eh, who cares.
Is it disrespectful? Yes. So what? They don't call it COFH for nuthin'.
Is it a destruction of property? Yes (sorta)... but who cares. They're just hedges and it's Ugag. I'd say don't do it at other schools.

Go view the 1998 game ending (find it on YT). The drought had been so long, esp following that almost-win gut wrenching ending of one year prior. Players were ecstatic and ripped up the hedges just like how they did it yesterday and 2 years ago. Reportedly, UGA was so angry about it, they complained formally to Tech and Tech cut them a check for $5000 (or something like that... I remember reading about it on AJC).

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
They bring the new hedges in on trucks before the season starts. It's a weed (a topic I'm sure a lot of their players are familiar with) and they are sore losers. I think it's classless for them to encourage a disgusting inbred dog like the English bulldog to keep breeding. Torturing animals is a sign of deeper issues.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
They bring the new hedges in on trucks before the season starts. It's a weed (a topic I'm sure a lot of their players are familiar with) and they are sore losers. I think it's classless for them to encourage a disgusting inbred dog like the English bulldog to keep breeding. Torturing animals is a sign of deeper issues.

Man I read about what they've done to these dawgs and it's actually pretty sad. Basically (in)breed an entire species to horrible extinction (they basically can't be botn naturally).

All because they think that horrendous animal looks cute?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I have a piece of the 2008 hedge in a small shadow box. I'd like one from this year; but since I don't know any players any more, there is no way to know that I was getting the real thing.

UGAg lost with much higher ranked players. Always sweet. Don't get comfortable with them losing though; they may get smart and fire their coach. (tic)