Heather Dinnich is a tool...

Animal02

Banned
On the right track with this:

I would like to see the four championship spots be picked from the five conference champs (you MUST win your conference).

Settle selection from 5 to 4 based by heavily favoring out of conference record (good wins and bad losses).

If you don't play anyone out of conference (SEC West) and you win your conference you get left out.

/
My solution is 10 conference champs, bottom 4 'play in' to a 8 team tourney.

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
My solution is 10 conference champs, bottom 4 'play in' to a 8 team tourney.
Wouldn't that just be a 12 team playoff with the top 4 getting 1st round bye's? I prefer 8 conference champions but the only conferences that are eligible are conferences that play every other team in the conference every year. No conference champion games.

Animal02

Banned
There are too many teams to have every conference have all teams play each other. The remaining independents can choice one of the conferences. By having all ten conferences, every FBS team has the possibility of winning the NC every year. Winning your conference (whatever method the conference chooses) is the first step of winning the NC.......don't win your conference......you are not eligible to win the NC.

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
There are too many teams to have every conference have all teams play each other. The remaining independents can choice one of the conferences. By having all ten conferences, every FBS team has the possibility of winning the NC every year. Winning your conference (whatever method the conference chooses) is the first step of winning the NC.......don't win your conference......you are not eligible to win the NC.
The point would be to force conferences to downsize, "right size". If that isn't going to happen then your solution would be a close second and something I easily could live with.