Heart vs Head

Yjacket82

Georgia Tech Fan
But he doesn't have to feel the way you described thanks to their long ago AD/HC making sure their fans knew what was most important. At the same time ours tried to kill us by going Indy and having an arrogant "we will always rule" attitude without working for it.

I get so tired of our decision to leave the SEC being characterized this way. The decision was made solely as a reaction to the way student athletes were being treated (and the Granning affair did not help). I personally believe that Dodd naively thought that he could trust "The Bear" to be good to his word and then got jammed into making a no-win decision after the fact.

Jay Alexander

Jolly Good Fellow
I root for GT without exception (like most of us on this board).

I then root for (or against) anyone whose win (or loss) would help GT, with the following exceptions:
- Always root against the dwags, no matter what. If they never win another football that's fine with me.
- Always root against Louisville. The thought of sending a kid to Bobby Petrino to be molded into successful adult is mind-boggling to me.

Outside of that, I'm good.

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
Always pulled for southern teams until around 2000. To much SEC love going on to do that any more. Pull for everyACC team over all others. Will never never pull for the smutts!

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Fred, I have struggled with the UGA record scenario, and my version looks pretty much like yours. The ultimate satisfaction level would increase if they were headed to the SEC championship game with a terrific record and we won. Let them feel the bittersweetness of playing for their conference championship after losing to their state rival. Knock them down in the polls while we leapfrog over them. But like you, when Saturdays arrive and they are playing, I pull against them. I can't help it. It feels too unnatural to ever pull for them to win.

bravejason

Jolly Good Fellow
I can tell you I was pissed when mizzu gave that game away this weekend. I personally would rather face a zero win UGA at the end of the season than an undefeated UGA

Had CPJ been the coach, Mizzu would have won. I believe there were some errors in the play calling and game management by the coaching staff that cost Mizzu that game. I think they should have won despite the turnovers.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I hate Georgia with a passion and always want to see them lose. But …

I hate Bama even more then I hate them. I loath Bama. Further, not only do I hate them, I have a deep and abiding contempt for the place, it's students, it's athletes, it's faculty … shoot, I even hate the cleaning staff.

Us folks who remember Darwin Holt often feel this way.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
All my buddy's are UGA fans. Except for one Tide fan, and One Tennessee fan . I'm in a big iMessage group text with them since we hang out all the time, saturdays are the worse. I'm very superstitious I don't like to talk about Tech or how I think they will do because I think it will make them play bad. All of them except for the Bama fan are the exact opposite. ALL WEEK they talk about how good Chubb will do how Eason will lead them to the title ETC.. I never say much about UGA or Tech so I usually don't have to eat much crow. So every Saturday I make sure to tune into the UGA game or flip to the UGA game during commercials of the Tech game, I love watching them fall apart when UGA is struggling it's the best feeling. They Jinx and overhype their team every week.
Here's some screenshots of them reacting to Mizzu. WARNING EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
If Iwere a ugag fan , there would be no way in hell I would have gone to the john on their last possession!

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I personally think you can pull for whoever you want to. I think conference entitlement is a bunch of BS. We aren’t going to get into the playoffs unless we are undefeated period. Clemson, Miami, and FSU are about the only ACC teams that can get in with 1 loss. Just look at last year where UNC theoretically should’ve been on the cusp of the playoffs had they beaten Clemson in the ACCCG and they weren’t even being talked about as having a shot. Any other team whose only loss is the first game of the year and the playoff committee would 100% give them a pass for it. We’re in the same boat as UNC. Go undefeated even if our SOS is 60+ and we’ll be in. 1 loss even with our SOS last year and we’d be out.
Notre Dame is always -- and I mean always - in the discussion if they were returning three turtledoves and some french hens on the D line. This year pre-season, they were in the discussion. After the first game, they could still qualify for the playoffs. After the second game, out of the top 25. Next week a win? In the discussion again. I know reputation counts and reputation should count. But that treatment is too many coaches and too many writers showering with the home team.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Perfect season: Dwags preseason number 1, go 0-12!
Three teams from the ACC in the playoffs with GT winning it all.
Vandy winning the SEC on a blown call over Alabama.
Ohio St and Michigan meet at 0-11.
USC and UCLA meet at 0-11.
Nobody in the Big 12 has a winning season.

Can only wish.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Perfect season: Dwags preseason number 1, go 0-12!
Three teams from the ACC in the playoffs with GT winning it all.
Vandy winning the SEC on a blown call over Alabama.
Ohio St and Michigan meet at 0-11.
USC and UCLA meet at 0-11.
Nobody in the Big 12 has a winning season.

Can only wish.
Well, take a look at this. Now I am not particularly a reader of or believer in polls -- political or sports -- because they are just subjective opinions that will change in the morning. Excepting, of course, my longtime and unfortunately unrequited crush on Kim Basinger but that is another story. This guy nails the bias inherent in these polls, though.

http://www.thepostgame.com/college-football-polls-sec-alabama-wisconsin-michigan-state

Consider the latest AP poll. Is there any justification that eight -- eight! -- SEC teams are ranked in the top 25? This after the SEC went 6-6 against non-conference opponents in Week 1 and has yet to defeat a Power 5 opponent currently ranked in the top 25?

Even after near escapes at home against Appalachian State and Nicholls State, Tennessee and Georgia are still ranked 12th and 14th, respectively. With wins over UMass and North Texas, Florida is deemed good enough to crack the top 20. Ole Miss, despite two losses, is still ranked.