He did again today in the PC

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Can someone please explain to me why CGC keeps talking about the “elite roster” at Temple. After the game he tried to take credit for recruiting the “best front 7 in college football” when at most he is responsible for 4 out of the 22. Now today he took it to another level and started talking about how many people that were in the NFL from Temple in the last 3 years. He’s talking as if he recruited those guys that are now in the NFL. It just like the weight lifting photos, it was a gimmick before in bad lighting and after in lightning greased up and posing.Forget about football for a bit, is that a personality trait issue that he always has to miss lead, bend/stretch the truth to build himself up or to make himself look better in front of others? If so, that’s not going to end well. I don’t know how tall he is but it sure reminds me of “short man syndrome“
A side note paraphrasing here:he said that today was the first day that the coaches could solely focus on scheme and techniques. That is a lot of time they have been focusing on “culture”. That seems like a lot of time wasted, it’s not we were L’ville from last year and saw issues on the sidelines or a bad locker room like there was during the coach whose name shall not be spoken. I guess the good news is that we should see some improvements in the next couple of weeks since we are now solely focused on coaching scheme and techniques.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
Can someone please explain to me why CGC keeps talking about the “elite roster” at Temple. After the game he tried to take credit for recruiting the “best front 7 in college football” when at most he is responsible for 4 out of the 22. Now today he took it to another level and started talking about how many people that were in the NFL from Temple in the last 3 years. He’s talking as if he recruited those guys that are now in the NFL. It just like the weight lifting photos, it was a gimmick before in bad lighting and after in lightning greased up and posing.Forget about football for a bit, is that a personality trait issue that he always has to miss lead, bend/stretch the truth to build himself up or to make himself look better in front of others? If so, that’s not going to end well. I don’t know how tall he is but it sure reminds me of “short man syndrome“
A side note paraphrasing here:he said that today was the first day that the coaches could solely focus on scheme and techniques. That is a lot of time they have been focusing on “culture”. That seems like a lot of time wasted, it’s not we were L’ville from last year and saw issues on the sidelines or a bad locker room like there was during the coach whose name shall not be spoken. I guess the good news is that we should see some improvements in the next couple of weeks since we are now solely focused on coaching scheme and techniques.

I’m very happy we changed directions with our program. But I share your concern here.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
There’s always a danger, even in business, when a “cheerleader” type of manager is hired. Everyone loves what they have to say at first and then you find out if they can back up their words and do the job. Hopefully Collins can do that.

☠CaptainBuzz☠

Jolly Good Fellow

I think it is intentional not a personality issue. He is working hard to put out any sort of narrative that can help recruiting...Our performance on the field certainly isn’t and he knows this.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
I appreciate the salesman for recruiting if it brings in the "elite" athletes. But the fanbase is not stupid. Esp the Tech fans. We can see right through. I wish he'd talk more "normally" and not like when you're trying to fluff up your resume for a job interview.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
I appreciate the salesman for recruiting if it brings in the "elite" athletes. But the fanbase is not stupid. Esp the Tech fans. We can see right through. I wish he'd talk more "normally" and not like when you're trying to fluff up your resume for a job interview.
I agree with this. I understand he is trying to “sell” to get good recruits, but you don’t always have to pitch the same stuff. We are all pretty successful in our chosen fields and can see through the rose colored glasses all the time. Just be straight with the fan base sometimes, else you will lose it through these tough times.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, this is a bad look. We should be glad no one outside of this fan base cares right now. If we were more relevant, I feel like this would get trashed by all sorts of Sports Media. You think Paul Finebaum and Co. would spend a week making fun of Dan Mullen if he said this kind of stuff after a Florida loss to Miss State? I sure do.

TheTimes

Jolly Good Fellow
A side note paraphrasing here:he said that today was the first day that the coaches could solely focus on scheme and techniques. That is a lot of time they have been focusing on “culture”.

It looks like they've finally chosen a qb, could that be what he's referencing here?

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
It looks like they've finally chosen a qb, could that be what he's referencing here?

55F2BB14-C035-439C-B3F0-AA94CD4FB2CC.jpeg

This is why

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
No, he was talking about their routine and how they do things. It wasn’t about who the starting QB. After his previous statements, I unfortunately have a feeling that he will still rotate QB.