He did again today in the PC

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
They dont want cgc to succeed. So they are doing their part. Smh
Oh, come on now. He does not need help to fail. I have no idea how long I have been on this board, but a good spell, and another, way bad board previously. It was in that particular incarnation that I saw, once, the wish that Georgia Tech would lose big so that the coach would get fired, and that ended my experience with that board. I don't have to like the coach to want him to win. It helps, but it ain't necessary. Some of the stuff Collins does are not nits that need picking, but in my pathetic view, serious. (Sorry, but I think that ACC network interview about "returning the glory" was a direct shot at the previous coach, and it was not necessary. I mean, he's gone, and as a board member pointed out, the glory of Collins' youth was filled with losses and losing. I hope he is selling the program, but I don't know how a tweetstorm of positivity balances out a loss to Citadel -- to the dreaded, high school offense triple option; the shame of it -- and an even worse loss to Temple, a basketball school. (After which he seemed to stake a bizarre claim to ownership of its defense.)

He just needs to shut up -- there are some indications he is shutting as we speak -- and beat UNC. The Blue cannot possibly play two great games in a row, but they have Brown, who could motivate a chicken plucker, and Sam Howell, a true freshman and the recruiting coup of the ACC, right out from under FSU. His living room apparently was Brown's first stop after signing on at Chapel Hill. He left with his commitment and just maybe the Coastal Division championship. (A new offense, BTW, part Brown, part what Howell brings to the dance. In short, coaching. ) But whether or not he shuts up, I am sticking with GT. I wager the board feels the same.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Oh, come on now. He does not need help to fail. I have no idea how long I have been on this board, but a good spell, and another, way bad board previously. It was in that particular incarnation that I saw, once, the wish that Georgia Tech would lose big so that the coach would get fired, and that ended my experience with that board. I don't have to like the coach to want him to win. It helps, but it ain't necessary. Some of the stuff Collins does are not nits that need picking, but in my pathetic view, serious. (Sorry, but I think that ACC network interview about "returning the glory" was a direct shot at the previous coach, and it was not necessary. I mean, he's gone, and as a board member pointed out, the glory of Collins' youth was filled with losses and losing. I hope he is selling the program, but I don't know how a tweetstorm of positivity balances out a loss to Citadel -- to the dreaded, high school offense triple option; the shame of it -- and an even worse loss to Temple, a basketball school. (After which he seemed to stake a bizarre claim to ownership of its defense.)

He just needs to shut up -- there are some indications he is shutting as we speak -- and beat UNC. The Blue cannot possibly play two great games in a row, but they have Brown, who could motivate a chicken plucker, and Sam Howell, a true freshman and the recruiting coup of the ACC, right out from under FSU. His living room apparently was Brown's first stop after signing on at Chapel Hill. He left with his commitment and just maybe the Coastal Division championship. (A new offense, BTW, part Brown, part what Howell brings to the dance. In short, coaching. ) But whether or not he shuts up, I am sticking with GT. I wager the board feels the same.
Recruiting alone isn't the answer, but it sure seemed to help the Tarheels in the case of Howell. He was a rivals 5.9 rated 4 star, and a late flip from FSU as you pointed out. In short, coaching and talent.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

Great post. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I am sure the upperclassmen on the team appreciate that's :rolleyes:

Whatever the goals are for this year I'm sure the kids on the team know exactly what this season is about and their role in this year and next. I'm sure the coaches were quite honest with each one about the prospects for the season and the role each of them would play in it. It's likely that role has increased for some of them as we've had some injuries pile up.

I wouldn't be surprised if any of the players, upper or underclassmen, go through this year and decide that after they gave it a good try that what we're going through is not for them. I wouldn't blame any of them and I think it's a sign of the character of the young men that so many of them are working their tails off through this change (and given the kind of young men that CPJ recruited I'm going to pay them all the compliment that I'm not surprised that they have that high character).

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Whatever the goals are for this year I'm sure the kids on the team know exactly what this season is about and their role in this year and next. I'm sure the coaches were quite honest with each one about the prospects for the season and the role each of them would play in it. It's likely that role has increased for some of them as we've had some injuries pile up.

I wouldn't be surprised if any of the players, upper or underclassmen, go through this year and decide that after they gave it a good try that what we're going through is not for them. I wouldn't blame any of them and I think it's a sign of the character of the young men that so many of them are working their tails off through this change (and given the kind of young men that CPJ recruited I'm going to pay them all the compliment that I'm not surprised that they have that high character).
Any coach who tells any player that the season is a washout, and probably next year, and are we having fun yet? should be fired on the spot. That crap is for losers. He may have seven years but these players have five on the outside, and must they all be miserable because the coach can't figure things out? I'm not even a Collins guy but I have more faith in him than that.

I try very hard to keep Johnson out of the equation, but I distinctly recall "lost" seasons and bad starts in which he rolled up the toughest part of the schedule in October and November. Maybe the difference is that Johnson was not afraid of anybody, and had no quit in him. If this guy is really quit on the year -- and I find that hard to believe -- then Tech should be quit on him. Who was it that said quitting the first time was hard, but it got easy after that? Seems to me some board members already made it easy.

Jmonty71

Banned
Can someone please explain to me why CGC keeps talking about the “elite roster” at Temple. After the game he tried to take credit for recruiting the “best front 7 in college football” when at most he is responsible for 4 out of the 22. Now today he took it to another level and started talking about how many people that were in the NFL from Temple in the last 3 years. He’s talking as if he recruited those guys that are now in the NFL. It just like the weight lifting photos, it was a gimmick before in bad lighting and after in lightning greased up and posing.Forget about football for a bit, is that a personality trait issue that he always has to miss lead, bend/stretch the truth to build himself up or to make himself look better in front of others? If so, that’s not going to end well. I don’t know how tall he is but it sure reminds me of “short man syndrome“
A side note paraphrasing here:he said that today was the first day that the coaches could solely focus on scheme and techniques. That is a lot of time they have been focusing on “culture”. That seems like a lot of time wasted, it’s not we were L’ville from last year and saw issues on the sidelines or a bad locker room like there was during the coach whose name shall not be spoken. I guess the good news is that we should see some improvements in the next couple of weeks since we are now solely focused on coaching scheme and techniques.
Perhaps CGC is delusional?? Which what does that say about our AD???