He did again today in the PC

FLTech

Georgia Tech Fan
This season is basically preseason for next season. He knows this is his one get out of jail free season

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
This season is basically preseason for next season. He knows this is his one get out of jail free season

Next year will be brutal because of the schedule. He needs to get a lot squared away before then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
It's been a while but here goes! The best thing we have going for us at the Georgia Institute of Technology is consistency of staff. Hire a guy and stick with him, try to hire good assistants and keep them. I loved Paul Johnson but CHANGE happened for whatever reason. The best way for us to be successful is for us to stay the course we're on. Give Coach Collins a chance. He reminds me of Bill Curry some.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
It's been a while but here goes! The best thing we have going for us at the Georgia Institute of Technology is consistency of staff. Hire a guy and stick with him, try to hire good assistants and keep them. I loved Paul Johnson but CHANGE happened for whatever reason. The best way for us to be successful is for us to stay the course we're on. Give Coach Collins a chance. He reminds me of Bill Curry some.

I agree. I personally don't care much for CGC, but he needs some time to prove himself one way or another.

Animal02

Banned
Yeah, Bill Curry's tenure was so memorable. :rolleyes:

Deleted member 4873

Why are college football fans so impatient and demanding? You knew, every one of you knew, this was going to be a down season. Look at the roster. Look at the injuries. A walk-on is starting at Center. Collins is a defensive mastermind. He’s been lights out as a DC everywhere he’s been. At Temple, they were a solid team. Give the man a couple seasons, not a couple games. When Temple lost to Buffalo, their fans were crucifying their new head coach. Impatient and demanding fans aren’t unique to GT, it’s widespread. Relax. This season is lost, we all knew that. Better times are in front of us.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Can someone please explain to me why CGC keeps talking about the “elite roster” at Temple. After the game he tried to take credit for recruiting the “best front 7 in college football” when at most he is responsible for 4 out of the 22. Now today he took it to another level and started talking about how many people that were in the NFL from Temple in the last 3 years. He’s talking as if he recruited those guys that are now in the NFL. It just like the weight lifting photos, it was a gimmick before in bad lighting and after in lightning greased up and posing.Forget about football for a bit, is that a personality trait issue that he always has to miss lead, bend/stretch the truth to build himself up or to make himself look better in front of others? If so, that’s not going to end well. I don’t know how tall he is but it sure reminds me of “short man syndrome“
A side note paraphrasing here:he said that today was the first day that the coaches could solely focus on scheme and techniques. That is a lot of time they have been focusing on “culture”. That seems like a lot of time wasted, it’s not we were L’ville from last year and saw issues on the sidelines or a bad locker room like there was during the coach whose name shall not be spoken. I guess the good news is that we should see some improvements in the next couple of weeks since we are now solely focused on coaching scheme and techniques.

Meh. I don’t tend to like his pressers much so I just don’t watch them. I care more about what he does on Saturdays than what he does in front of microphones. Just win and you are good to go. Hoping to see Tech start clicking vs UNCheat. I think we will start seeing improvement as the season progresses.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
The interest payment on gtaa debt is 1,000,000 per month. Check out our financial profile on knight commission on ncaa athletics. Please show me i am wrong.

Not sure what that has to do with my post, but let's just say it's that. You're telling me that if things continue down this path for three years that GT couldn't find a way to get an extra 10-12 mil to fire him? I would bet they could. I guarantee if there's enough on the field losing they will find a way to fire him. The way that he stays is if he goes to 6 wins or better. Then he will stay the full term and maybe he should.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Not sure what that has to do with my post, but let's just say it's that. You're telling me that if things continue down this path for three years that GT couldn't find a way to get an extra 10-12 mil to fire him? I would bet they could. I guarantee if there's enough on the field losing they will find a way to fire him. The way that he stays is if he goes to 6 wins or better. Then he will stay the full term and maybe he should.
I just worry that the lack of payment on the principal on our debt 200mm is a big deal. Maybe it can go on and on.

Imo, even if he is at 6 wins in year, we need to pony up more $ for a major upgrade to his staff.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
I just worry that the lack of payment on the principal on our debt 200mm is a big deal. Maybe it can go on and on.

Imo, even if he is at 6 wins in year, we need to pony up more $ for a major upgrade to his staff.

Fair enough - wasn't sure where you were going with that.

Well, maybe all these athletes that CGC is going to get drafted in the first round will increase the donations and that'll solve the debt. I really don't follow that side of it much - I do well enough just managing my family finances.