HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
Y’all are just funny. Fritz is a coaches coach. That is what we need after 4 years of total ineptitude. Why are so many saying this isn’t an exciting hire? What more do you want. The ”feels” of a splash hire will die the minute we kick off game 1. What matters is the end score of game 1. We need a real football coach. That is what Fritz is.
Absolutely right Sowega !

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
You think we’re still in the running for Chadwell or O’Brien? I think those ships have sailed but will be happy to be wrong.

What if they weren't our top candidates? Batt came out of nowhere and we're were hearing names like the fired Auburn AD and the Georgia State AD. Then Batt showed up. Maybe those are the logical or presumed candidates, but our guy is someone different or we had a list of top 5 guys in no particular order until we interviewed them all and those were just two of them.

TwinTownTony

Jolly Good Fellow
You think we’re still in the running for Chadwell or O’Brien? I think those ships have sailed but will be happy to be wrong.

I, like everybody else on here, don't know if those were the top targets or if we're out of the running for them. If you have factual info, please share.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Do you really know who you're hiring?! @stech81 would need an NIL deal with a liquor and beer DISTRIBUTOR not some package store that wouldn't even get him to lunch time on a Monday.

Blinking Anna Kendrick GIF

There's so much here.

Novajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
It may be that once ADJB knew he would have wait till after AAC championship to make the hire, he decided to keep interviewing other candidates. This way if anything happens in next week, he can quickly pivot to another candidate.

southernhive

Jolly Good Fellow
It may be that once ADJB knew he would have wait till after AAC championship to make the hire, he decided to keep interviewing other candidates. This way if anything happens in next week, he can quickly pivot to another candidate.
Sounds right. This is what the AD should be doing until the ink dries.

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
If Fritz knew he was not the candidate and was being used like that, I think he would have just said, "I am not going to be the head coach at Ga Tech."
Which is why I think he is actually the new HC if Georgia Tech.

And as I stated before, I am good with it. He has proven he can turn programs around and Tech isn't the disaster that Tulane was.

I would have been OK with Key, Chadwell, O'Brian. I'm just glad we didn't have to settle for someone we really do not know how would do with no good track record like we did last time.

Guys. Fritz is a SOLID hire.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Which is why I think he is actually the new HC if Georgia Tech.

And as I stated before, I am good with it. He has proven he can turn programs around and Tech isn't the disaster that Tulane was.

I would have been OK with Key, Chadwell, O'Brian. I'm just glad we didn't have to settle for someone we really do not know how would do with no good track record like we did last time.

Guys. Fritz is a SOLID hire.

WAAAYYY too much smoke right now.

The question is, what kind of offense will he run? I hope he mixes some of the GA Southern offense with what he's doing with Tulane.

The big takeaway is Fritz is open to doing whatever is needed for his football team to succeed. THAT is what good football coaches do.

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
WAAAYYY too much smoke right now.

The question is, what kind of offense will he run? I hope he mixes some of the GA Southern offense with what he's doing with Tulane.

The big takeaway is Fritz is open to doing whatever is needed for his football team to succeed. THAT is what good football coaches do.
Right on all counts. And yes still a lot of smoke but my point stands if he IS the hire. If he isn't then I hope he stays at Tulane, they need a good run.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Batt and Cabrera would get a nice check from me if we somehow pulled Riley for HC.

I doubt it though...Riley would probably want to get a jump start on his program if he was the coach.
Interesting. Would you prefer him over Fritz or Chadwell (guys with HC experience) or even over Key with his 8 games of experience? That would be a huge gamble (imo).