HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
will be interesting to see where the dust all settles here. it feels like both guys are somewhat tainted now.

and that does not seem like the way to do this.

maybe it's inevitable. I am deep into politics, and the fact is, you can't make every constituent happy all the time. and, I have told people who weren't used to hearing it to stick it.

it's a tough spot to be in, for all involved.

slugboy

Staff member
the movie drinking GIF

roedeo

Jolly Good Fellow
Saban is 71.
Mack Brown is 71.

+ Bobby Bowden was 184-55 between ages 62 and 80

+ Joe Paterno went 202-88 between ages 62 and 88.

Saban has an even higher winning percentage from ages 62 - 71.

These coaches were not successful on their efforts alone, they were underpinned with a lot of great assistants over many years. Ok and a lot of really good players.

“Walk with the wise and grow wise…”

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
NM ... poster already has acknowledged the fact that the ACC he will not have coastal division next year.

Last edited:

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
+ Bobby Bowden was 184-55 between ages 62 and 80

+ Joe Paterno went 202-88 between ages 62 and 88.

Saban has an even higher winning percentage from ages 62 - 71.

These coaches were not successful on their efforts alone, they were underpinned with a lot of great assistants over many years. Ok and a lot of really good players.

“Walk with the wise and grow wise…”
Good job picking three of the five best coaches of all time as the example. I hear ya though. We will see what happens.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
Not cryptic at all. If you've been reading this thread, certain groups want what they want, regardless of the greater good for GT.

sounds a bit from what you and some others have said that there is some stink hanging to everyone involved - admin and insiders.

you just can't feel good about that, and it doesn't feel like it tees the next coach up for success, regardless of who it is.