HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Leaks have been coming from one side. It's not Batt/Cabrera leaking it. Do the math.
I need help

1669594489561.png

slugboy

Staff member
FromtheRumbleSeat on Fritz.

In our database of FBS coaches spanning 2000-2021, we evaluate every head coach by looking at a team’s average Expected Points per play in the years before the coach arrived and then during the tenure. Combining offense with defense and before with during, we can get a summary metric for each coach’s net impact on the job. Out of 370 head coaching tenures, Fritz’s Georgia Southern stop ranks 11th, and his Tulane tenure ranked 57th before this season’s metrics are included.

I wonder if Tulane's QB (Michael Pratt) would be interested in transferring. He should have 2 years left and has been outstanding at Tulane.

Binion went full stats on that preview. Well, not quite FULL stats, but in the neighborhood

tulane was a horrible dumpster fire before Fritz. like turrible.

If you told me that Fritz holds the Guinness World Record for taking over coaching dumpster fires, I would check, but I wouldn’t call you crazy. It seems like the worse the situation, the more he likes going there.

Think Winona Ryder GIF by reactionseditor

So .... you're doing the leaks?

#MTrain'd

Quality meme.

Y’all are just funny. Fritz is a coaches coach. That is what we need after 4 years of total ineptitude. Why are so many saying this isn’t an exciting hire? What more do you want. The ”feels” of a splash hire will die the minute we kick off game 1. What matters is the end score of game 1. We need a real football coach. That is what Fritz is.

Yeah, this isn’t a “win the press conference hire”. It’s a “nobody believes until he starts winning” hire.

Did AJC fumble the bag?

Yeah, this whole thing is “if we hire him”. There’s a lot of smoke coming out of the AA tonight though.

I was looking at Tulane's schedule. You want to know what kind of coach Fritz is? He beat #13 Kansas State AT KSU earlier in the season. He also beat #24 Cincinnati (with the red hot Luke Fickell) @ their place.

I'll repeat this: Fritz is not a "sexy" hire, and GT won't win any headlines with this one. This is a hire to win games...and Fritz can win games. That's the plot my friends...win games. We already had a coach that emphasized winning headlines, and that's why we're having this discussion.

IF this is true, it’s gonna take me a while to come around. After the last several years, the majority of Tech fans weren’t going to give the benefit of the doubt to anyone but Lincoln Riley or Nick Saban.

This has been a weird couple of months as a Tech fan.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck

And the big donors are to blame in all this, so perhaps they deserve to be put in their place.

until you need them.

batt's a young guy. if he plans to stay awhile, that seems like a short-sighted move.

I think, if this hire is true, the test will come in players staying or leaving. if the key (no pun intended, can't think of a better word) players stay, then things die down. if players start hitting the portal, the volume cranks up.

the ad will be awful lonely.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
It's weird. All the folks that love Key, for the same reason Fritz would be good for us, are now upset due to lack of sizzle.

Pick a lane, dudes. Do you not realize Fritz gives you the same meat n potatoes you begged for ... plus is actually a proven commodity?

Not saying this us the best hire, just saying it's not necessarily a bad one.
To be fair to the Key supporters, I think the argument would be that if you're NOT going for splash, then Key has shown enough in a limited amount of time to earn respect and a shot.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
until you need them.

batt's a young guy. if he plans to stay awhile, that seems like a short-sided move.

I think, if this hire is true, the test will come in players staying or leaving. if the key (no pun intended, can't think of a better word) players stay, then things die down. if players start hitting the portal, the volume cranks up.

The donors need to put their big kid pants on and either support the institute or not. Get over yourselves.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
f you told me that Fritz holds the Guinness World Record for taking over coaching dumpster fires, I would check, but I wouldn’t call you crazy. It seems like the worse the situation, the more he likes going there.
Sounds like hes perfect for GT
If Fritz is the guy, he’ll light up the coastal
wtf is a coastal? its definitely not a division in the ACC after the title game

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
To be fair to the Key supporters, I think the argument would be that if you're NOT going for splash, then Key has shown enough in a limited amount of time to earn respect and a shot.

I venture to say he has not. Or, put better, what he's shown is quite easily duplicated by any competent coach. So duplicatable that it renders his primary selling point imminently moot.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
we get that you hate key and all, but that doesn't mean the "at least he's not key" hire is gonna turn everyone on.

the most disturbing thing, if it's true, is if this is a move to for the ad and pres to poke their fingers in influential backer's eyes. I can't imagine how that is a good thing.
I can.

If the Big $$$ men have been making things difficult in the GTAA for too long, it's past time for them to back off. This is one way to set them in their places.

JBatt may have also crunched some numbers and decided that he can make up any lost support from them via small $ from a new IPTAY type initiative.

If so, he could tell them to take their money and...you know, go elsewhere with it.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
I can.

If the Big $$$ men have been making things difficult in the GTAA for too long, it's past time for them to back off. This is one way to set them in their places.

JBatt may have also crunched some numbers and decided that he can make up any lost support from them via small $ from a new IPTAY type initiative.

If so, he could tell them to take their money and...you know, go elsewhere with it.

all that remains to be seen, I suppose.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
until you need them.

batt's a young guy. if he plans to stay awhile, that seems like a short-sighted move.

Not if JBatt has PAC's full backing on this. This could be Bloody Sunday for the Tech Bag Men.

Creative

Georgia Tech Fan
It’s so interesting that the guys that are saying this is a bad hire were the one’s talking about culture and Waffle House and The 404 several years ago. He seems like a solid hire to me. Maybe he’s the pits of the world, but there were only a few of us saying that CGC would not do well, while the majority thought taking a 10 win Temple team to 8 then 7 was “turning around Temple”. If he could win at Temple, he certainly could win here. All of this, as Matt Rhule was turning around Baylor and CGC was making Temple worse. It appears that Fritz did exactly what people claimed CGC did, but because he is not 41, he’s not cool enough. Again, we may win 6 games in 3 years again, but I for one, like the hire.