HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Y’all are just funny. Fritz is a coaches coach. That is what we need after 4 years of total ineptitude. Why are so many saying this isn’t an exciting hire? What more do you want. The ”feels” of a splash hire will die the minute we kick off game 1. What matters is the end score of game 1. We need a real football coach. That is what Fritz is.

Novajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Why wouldn't you want a coach who looks like this:
1669593854178.png

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Y’all are just funny. Fritz is a coaches coach. That is what we need after 4 years of total ineptitude. Why are so many saying this isn’t an exciting hire? What more do you want. The ”feels” of a splash hire will die the minute we kick off game 1. What matters is the end score of game 1. We need a real football coach. That is what Fritz is.

It's weird. All the folks that love Key, for the same reason Fritz would be good for us, are now upset due to lack of sizzle.

Pick a lane, dudes. Do you not realize Fritz gives you the same meat n potatoes you begged for ... plus is actually a proven commodity?

Not saying this us the best hire, just saying it's not necessarily a bad one.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I was looking at Tulane's schedule. You want to know what kind of coach Fritz is? He beat #13 Kansas State AT KSU earlier in the season. He also beat #24 Cincinnati (with the red hot Luke Fickell) @ their place.

I'll repeat this: Fritz is not a "sexy" hire, and GT won't win any headlines with this one. This is a hire to win games...and Fritz can win games. That's the plot my friends...win games. We already had a coach that emphasized winning headlines, and that's why we're having this discussion.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I was looking at Tulane's schedule. You want to know what kind of coach Fritz is? He beat #13 Kansas State AT KSU earlier in the season. He also beat #24 Cincinnati (with the red hot Luke Fickell) @ their place.

I'll repeat this: Fritz is not a "sexy" hire, and GT won't win any headlines with this one. This is a hire to win games...and Fritz can win games. That's the plot my friends...win games. We already had a coach that emphasized winning headlines, and that's why we're having this discussion.

African American Reaction GIF

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
It's weird. All the folks that love Key, for the same reason Fritz would be good for us, are now upset due to lack of sizzle.

Pick a lane, dudes. Do you not realize Fritz gives you the same meat n potatoes you begged for ... plus is actually a proven commodity?

Not saying this us the best hire, just saying it's not necessarily a bad one.

we get that you hate key and all, but that doesn't mean the "at least he's not key" hire is gonna turn everyone on.

the most disturbing thing, if it's true, is if this is a move to for the ad and pres to poke their fingers in influential backer's eyes. I can't imagine how that is a good thing.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
we get that you hate key and all, but that doesn't mean the "at least he's not key" hire is gonna turn everyone on.

the most disturbing thing, if it's true, is if this is a move to for the ad and pres to poke their fingers in influential backer's eyes. I can't imagine how that is a good thing.

I've been clear all along. This was always gonna be an underwhelming hire. I don't see why folks are so perturbed by it. Should have expected it.

I dont hate Key. I just think the biggest selling point is he's just better than Collins, which is a significantly low bar. No one can make an actual case for him beyond that - that's my issue.

And the big donors are to blame in all this, so perhaps they deserve to be put in their place.