HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Mediocrity is what I see in GT’s football future. Better than absolute disaster with the salesman, but boring and aggravating still. Good thing we play in the ACC Coastal. Not sure if I will live to see another win over UGAG. Today is nothing like the 90s. Heck, it’s not even the same environment as the 2010’s. Maybe we will hire a special OC. I hope so.
We just play in the ACC now, divisions are gone next year.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
We really can't afford to screw this up that bad. There are seismic shifts coming in college football and we need to be relevant on some level to not get left behind.
I agree. I think there is just too much disagreement in the power group not to screw this up. The power group was happy hiring the cheerleader. Emotion & loyalty (to GT alums) cannot be in the decision process.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I still have not seen a good argument from anyone on this board why Chadwell should take a gig at GT over a Michigan State/Florida/Auburn/etc. We are one of the least desirable head coach openings in college football right now. Biases aside, I’d take the Colorado or Arizona State job any day of the week.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
My roommate from my time at Georgia Tech as a student. Stayed in touch after college and attend home games together every year. He donates a very generous amount of money yearly to the GTAA and is on the board because of it.
That's too much information. You should keep your sources sheltered unless they want to be outed. There are only so many people that fit that era on the current Board...like 1.

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
I still have not seen a good argument from anyone on this board why Chadwell should take a gig at GT over a Michigan State/Florida/Auburn/etc. We are one of the least desirable head coach openings in college football right now. Biases aside, I’d take the Colorado or Arizona State job any day of the week.
Why Colorado other than living in Boulder?

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Well Michigan State and Florida don't have job openings, and Arizona State is hiring Kenny Dillingham. Colorado has been rated a worse job opening by every single rating, and I'm not sure what makes you think it would be better than Tech. Auburn can throw more cash, but has an even more meddlesome donor group.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Why Colorado other than living in Boulder?
They sell out their stadium despite winning 1 game a year. I’d wager more investment in athletics from the administration. Better NIL infrastructure. The biggest school in their own territory. The energy is there for them to make a move, plus their athletics brand is getting a bump from men’s basketball right now.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Because none of them want his “option” offense, WV may be a different story now

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Think we can all agree getting Collins out of here was an absolute (should have been done last year). At this point if Chadwell is out, Key makes the most sense. Think he can retain the core nucleus of players coming back for next year. He needs to figure out the OC, need to get some TEs, fix punting issues and more. He seems like a HC players respect so that should translate into pretty good recruits.

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
Watch out for Chadwell to West Virginia.
That's not a bigger job unless GT is even more broke than we are afraid of... that would be an interesting move. GT has its disadvantages and I think the national media folks who say Atlanta makes it a sleeping giant don't give those enough credence, but other than "it would be academically easier" WVU doesn't have a whole lot going on at all regardless. It'll be an easier job, but bigger?