HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
Jamey Chadwell is no longer a candidate.
May I present a hypothetical pieced together from some of your previous posts and you give input into how much of this is true versus what I may have missed?

I’m thinking Chadwell was option #1 as far back as maybe last week. At some point in time between his emerging as option #1 and tonight, there was a handshake or verbal agreement to become our next head coach. The “good ole boys” club caught wind of this and starting throwing a fit/pushing Batt to reconsider. Batt reassures Chadwell that he can handle them and that he is still honoring their agreement. Key starts showing us he could be a really good coach which muddies the water, then kills it in his interview with Batt. Batt starts to reconsider privately, but the “group” senses his hesitation and puts a full on blitz for Key. Batt realizes quickly that he might have pulled the trigger too quickly and this is where it looks like it might blow up in our face. Batt re-examines the evidence, doubles down on his decision to go with Chadwell, but Chadwell, who has already caught wind of Batt’s hesitation, decides to gracefully bow out than to officially accept a job offer he already agreed to only to see the other side almost not honor their agreement.

My other thought is that Batt told Chadwell he had the job on the condition of he didn’t want his whole staff brought over to which Chadwell declined and told Batt they are a package deal.

How close am I?

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
I’m not so worried that Chadwell is out. Don’t feel he would have blended in well here. I would of liked us to make a run at Deion but all in all feel Key checks most of the boxes at this point.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Your source? Ballpark if you can't be specific.
My roommate from my time at Georgia Tech as a student. Stayed in touch after college and attend home games together every year. He donates a very generous amount of money yearly to the GTAA and is on the board because of it.

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
Chadwell is waiting for bigger jobs.
Unless this is code for “GT doesn’t have any money” … good luck with that. All the hesitations around the option among GT fans will be larger at bigger jobs… unless he’s got something lined up this year, he could be waiting a while.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I couldn't agree more. I want Chadwell, but will support whoever J Batt chooses.
Okay, I know NOTHING about Chadwell's offense. So, this is a question coming from old experience in negative recruiting and perception becoming reality.

One of the biggest issues we had with CPJ was that our defenses were pretty lousy (although I thought we had some really good players, just not enough of them). We were negatively recruited by prospects on that side of the ball being told that practicing day after day against Paul's offense did not prepare them for the NFL. That cost us a lot because it didn't seem that CPJ was really interested in getting down in the weeds and really combatting the misinformation. He'd talk about it, but minimized it, as if it wasn't important.

Will we have the same kind of negative recruiting with Jamey Chadwell's offense?

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Mediocrity is what I see in GT’s football future. Better than absolute disaster with the salesman, but boring and aggravating still. Good thing we play in the ACC Coastal. Not sure if I will live to see another win over UGAG. Today is nothing like the 90s. Heck, it’s not even the same environment as the 2010’s. Maybe we will hire a special OC. I hope so.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
Okay, I know NOTHING about Chadwell's offense. So, this is a question coming from old experience in negative recruiting and perception becoming reality.

One of the biggest issues we had with CPJ was that our defenses were pretty lousy (although I thought we had some really good players, just not enough of them). We were negatively recruited by prospects on that side of the ball being told that practicing day after day against Paul's offense did not prepare them for the NFL. That cost us a lot because it didn't seem that CPJ was really interested in getting down in the weeds and really combatting the misinformation. He'd talk about it, but minimized it, as if it wasn't important.

Will we have the same kind of negative recruiting with Jamey Chadwell's offense?
Doesn’t look like it matters but chadwells O is nothing Like CPJ. Chadwells mostly from gun and passes for over 270 yds a game.