HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Hell no to Stoops, 4 of his previous 9 seasons he wasn't even bowl eligible. He also got his you know what pushed in by CPJ and acted a fool when his players hurt themselves and he tried to blame our guy. He is a slightly above average coach, that's it.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
It is interesting to see how quiet J Batt and the search firm have been able to keep the interviews quite and preventing leaks of their “top 1-3” candidates. As far as I am aware of these haven’t been articles published listing actual HC candidates who have formally interviewed. Is there? If not then good for GT on keeping things quite and prevent poaching of current players or coaches. Anyone out there with information regarding this topic?
I think that tells us that if any candidates have been interviewed or offered, they aren’t candidates who can leverage our interest into a bigger payday at their current jobs.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Hell no to Stoops, 4 of his previous 9 seasons he wasn't even bowl eligible. He also got his you know what pushed in by CPJ and acted a fool when his players hurt themselves and he tried to blame our guy. He is a slightly above average coach, that's it.
youre GIF
youre GIF

Carnac says yeti92 is a Louisville fan.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer

youre GIF

Carnac says yeti92 is a Louisville fan.

Deleted member 6494

I don't think any of us know whether Deion would be a success here. I doubt he is hired, but it is not a slam dunk either way.
If Auburn has the money as most are saying, they would be foolish to take Stoops or anyone that does not have an A+ record, Freeze, Kiffin, Fickel, or Chadwell would be their best bets.

GT must make the right choice and must pick a true winner with an A - A+ record. They cannot afford an emotional pick, or a retread, they must get the best available coach with a very high winning record that they can afford. Their best bets are Chadwell, Fickel, Freeze, or some coach from a lower division that has coached in more than one conference and has a good record in each conference; he must be an innovator and have his own schemes and not everyone else's scheme.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
One thing Deion would certainly do almost immediately is increase attendance. Jackson State is averaging 42k fans at home games, with 51k at homecoming. They were almost double the 2nd highest attended FCS team last year.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
If Auburn has the money as most are saying, they would be foolish to take Stoops or anyone that does not have an A+ record, Freeze, Kiffin, Fickel, or Chadwell would be their best bets.

GT must make the right choice and must pick a true winner with an A - A+ record. They cannot afford an emotional pick, or a retread, they must get the best available coach with a very high winning record that they can afford. Their best bets are Chadwell, Fickel, Freeze, or some coach from a lower division that has coached in more than one conference and has a good record in each conference; he must be an innovator and have his own schemes and not everyone else's scheme.
Sounds like a great blue print for our engineering school to just build the first Robotic Head Coach that could almost instantly run all the scenarios on a play by play basis and thus call the first perfect game plan. Then GT could garner huge NIL deals from the STEM companies and take over!

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
One thing Deion would certainly do almost immediately is increase attendance. Jackson State is averaging 42k fans at home games, with 51k at homecoming. They were almost double the 2nd highest attended FCS team last year.
That may be true and fans would come briefly for the novelty of “Deion Sanders” yet the playing field of athletes and coaching is at a whole different level as compared to coaching where he is.
Plus coming off of what our fan base has experienced for the last 4 years do we have the stomach to tolerate the “hype machine and walking billboard” approach that Deion would bring. Can GT Football recover from another failed experiment at this point. I believe GT would be better off with a more proven candidate and perhaps “risk a little more in the coordinator’s position group”.

Deleted member 6494

Deion would be such a good HC. The atmosphere he'd bring would be mind-blowing in a good way
This appears to be an emotional pick by many; the percentage of failure to success is too high in Tech's situation. He might be a better selection from a school in the next step up. He might even eventually become a HC at a P5 school in the future, but he is not a good choice for Tech at this particular time.

Deleted member 6494

Sounds like a great blue print for our engineering school to just build the first Robotic Head Coach that could almost instantly run all the scenarios on a play by play basis and thus call the first perfect game plan. Then GT could garner huge NIL deals from the STEM companies and take over!
No. The coach should be an innovator that would not do the expected all the time; he would think on his feet and change up according to each situation.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

My Auburn relatives claim, without any inside knowledge that Kiffin is the one they want. Personally, I think he would be crazy to go there and endure what all the other coaches at Auburn have had to put up with from boosters.

Deleted member 6494

My Auburn relatives claim, without any inside knowledge that Kiffin is the one they want. Personally, I think he would be crazy to go there and endure what all the other coaches at Auburn have had to put up with from boosters.
I think Kiffin is the type of person who would not care what they thought; he appears to be able to push back when appropriate. His arrogance can work for him or against him but would be useful in some situations.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I think they all stopped trying when they realized that we had all stopped reading. I can remember when reading the Sunday morning paper over breakfast and coffee was a great way to spend some time.
That was a long time ago. Newspapers have not been relevant for some time now, maybe 20 years or so. I can remember being able to buy an Atlanta Constitution in the morning on the way to work but that ended sometime in the early 2000s. I might use it to line my cats' litter box now and that's about it.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
That was a long time ago. Newspapers have not been relevant for some time now, maybe 20 years or so. I can remember being able to buy an Atlanta Constitution in the morning on the way to work but that ended sometime in the early 2000s. I might use it to line my cats' litter box now and that's about it.
When I moved to Oriental in 2000 the New&Observer was a great newspaper. It has slowly but surely become a small town rag with an occasional story that's important locally. They have one sports writer.