HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
You have to wonder if he didn't like slugboy's "Saban-like" accountability requirements for posters.....
I've been drug in by my ear a few times on the carpet, but that's not what happened, honest.
I tried to copy a Bleacher Report article about Deion Sanders saying he'd consider P-5 and nothing happened. Honest. But I knew no one would believe me...

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Yes. Yes he did. But you have to wonder, after hearing that he was "called" to JS three weeks after George Floyd's death and all of what he's been through there since, what he is sincere about. Perhaps he's just angling towards more of a salary from JS but seemed sincere in wanting to make a difference to the less fortunate who end up athletically at a HBCU. If he leaves them just for more of a paycheck, his reputation will take a huge, huge hit.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Yes. Yes he did. But you have to wonder, after hearing that he was "called" to JS three weeks after George Floyd's death and all of what he's been through there since, what he is sincere about. Perhaps he's just angling towards more of a salary from JS but seemed sincere in wanting to make a difference to the less fortunate who end up athletically at a HBCU. If he leaves them just for more of a paycheck, his reputation will take a huge, huge hit.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I would just imagine (I imagine a lot) that Primetime is itching to bring his QB son to the Big Time.
His stats at Jackson State are eye-popping. But don't you worry. He won't be coming here because of our offensive offensive line.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
I've been drug in by my ear a few times on the carpet, but that's not what happened, honest.
I tried to copy a Bleacher Report article about Deion Sanders saying he'd consider P-5 and nothing happened. Honest. But I knew no one would believe me...
Good cover. Message received. Thanks. Won’t say a thing until the time comes but I’m ready. Consider it done. You can count on me!

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I think UA’s DBs appear to be worse this year because their pass rush is anemic. Most years, they get tremendous pressure with 3-4 guys. Saturday night, UT double & triple teamed Anderson, and the DLs still couldn’t get any pressure on Hooker.

UGAG’s D-line, unfortunately, is much better which also helps their dbs.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Deion was on 60 Minutes last night. everyone ought to go watch it. With the way he talked about his going to JS and what he declared as his mission being there, it doesn't seem like he's going anywhere in P5 to coach unless he's just a fraud.
That’s when I posted that. After watching. Was trying to get the thread back on track.

AFA P5–He said he would listen to offers and that he would do it for his assistants to make more money.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Chadwell has to explain what he will do to correct the Old Dominion debacle. It is amusing that while Key has made Tech look like a football team, seems like many still question his abilities due to OL problems of past years. I'm sure Chadwell will encourage his team to resume the elite level of play they had before Old Dominion crushed them. All about Chadwell said with tongue in cheek. I admit pulling for Key.
Key probably will suffer in comparison because of his association with one of the world's great bad football programs. That is no completely unfair. But one could do worse than an offensive line coach. The offensive line is a struggle for supremacy on every single play, and not takinig a play off. It is not a trade secret, for instance, that Clemson's major problem the last two years is an inferior offensive line. It is getting nastier, but ... if Key could bring that attitude to an entire team is the question. And every candidate for the Tech job is going to be equated with Collins. Another such mistake and hello, club football.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

JacketFan137

Banned
Most disturbing is the no defense against the long runs all game and no adjustment to fix it. Pitiful D performance by Coastal. Chadwell's "unique" O had nothing to do with that awful D today.
head coaches aren’t responsible for the defense though when they run the offense you like