HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
You are going to have to get creative like the rest of us. If you look hard enough, there is always something to ***** about. Like uniforms and noon kickoffs. Don't give up hope too soon. I am certain that sometime next fumble someone will fumble. A run play will be called when you felt like a pass was the certain decision. I promise all is not lost my friend. Hang in there!
Yeah. I hear that Key has already told the players that he is going to have the pre-game music be Scottish Bagpipes Jam Metal. That'll give you something to gripe about for sure!

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
There is no possible way any one of us could predict who would have the highest W-L% out of all the names thrown out over the last 300 pages.

Unless there was some rumor that we were negotiating with Saban or someone like that, it's clear to me the search committee did their due diligence and interviewed, considered, and even offered head coach candidates. It also sounds like we tried to negotiate a deal that made fiscal sense for Tech instead chasing for a "big splash" hire by throwing money at them.

Not sure how CBK feels about being the "back pocket" option and I have no information to say this was how it played out but having CBK as the option probably helped J and committee not chase candidates with bags of money.

I'm sure J is going to get some flack, especially from the Chadwell crowd, but I hope we can all unify around our new coach (whoever it is officially) and spread some optimism about the future of our program.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
This is awesome!!

After reading this board I have learned:

Key will prevent transfers of all players (Nate M will be back because he was only transferring because Key was leaving)

We will instantly be bowl eligible next year. No rebuild at ALL!

The seats will be FULL with excited fans

Key will take an extremely low contract just to save us money.

We are about to get what we deserve with this hire!

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
Not my first choice. Key is the riskiest hire because he has the smallest track record. But I am fine with it. Give him a chance to grow and see what happens.

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
Not my first choice. Key is the riskiest hire because he has the smallest track record. But I am fine with it. Give him a chance to grow and see what happens.
Wut? He's by far the cheapest option, which certainly mitigates a lot of the risk. He's been coaching football for a long time, and has worked with some all-time greats (and losers). Hopefully he's learned a lot from both camps.

Deion was the riskiest option by far. He was most likely boom or bust. He doesn't have a large buyout which helps but I assume he would have wanted a lot more than what Key is going to get.