HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
He had 26 TD 3 Ints as a redshirt freshman lol

Not taking anything away from this kid, but, his college circumstance thusfar has been much different. And, here's the freshman schedule. Wonder how that compares with our schedule.

2020 Coastal Carolina Football Schedule​

Date OpponentTime/TVTickets
Saturday
Sep. 12
Kansas Jayhawks Football Schedule at Kansas JayhawksDavid Booth Kansas Mem. Stadium, Lawrence, KS10:00pm ETFS1W 38-23
Friday
Sep. 18
Campbell Camels Football Schedule Campbell CamelsBrooks Stadium, Conway, SC7:30pm ETESPNW 43-21
Saturday
Sep. 26
OFF
Saturday
Oct. 3
Arkansas State Football Schedule Arkansas State Red WolvesBrooks Stadium, Conway, SC12:00pm ETESPN2W 52-23
Saturday
Oct. 10
OFF
Wednesday
Oct. 14
Louisiana Football Schedule at Louisiana Ragin' CajunsCajun Field, Lafayette, LA7:30pm ETESPNW 30-27
Saturday
Oct. 24
Georgia Southern Football Schedule Georgia Southern EaglesBrooks Stadium, Conway, SC12:00pm ETESPNUW 28-14
Saturday
Oct. 31
Georgia State Football Schedule at Georgia State PanthersCenter Parc Stadium, Atlanta, GA12:00pm ETESPNUW 51-0
Saturday
Nov. 7
South Alabama Jaguars Football Schedule South Alabama Jaguars (HC)Brooks Stadium, Conway, SC8:00pm ETESPNUW 23-6
Saturday
Nov. 14
OFF
Saturday
Nov. 21
Appalachian State Football Schedule Appalachian State MountaineersBrooks Stadium, Conway, SC12:00pm ETESPNW 34-23
Saturday
Nov. 28
Texas State Bobcats Football Schedule at Texas State BobcatsBobcat Stadium, San Marcos, TX3:00pm ETESPN+W 49-14
Saturday
Dec. 5
BYU Cougars Football Schedule BYU CougarsBrooks Stadium, Conway, SC5:30pm ETESPNUW 22-17
Saturday
Dec. 12
Troy Trojans Football Schedule at Troy TrojansVeterans Memorial Stadium, Troy, AL3:00pm ETESPN+W 42-38
Sun Belt Championship Game
Saturday
Dec. 19
Louisiana Football Schedule Louisiana Ragin' CajunsBrooks Stadium, Conway, SCCanceled
FBC Mortgage Cure Bowl
Saturday
Dec. 26
Liberty Flames Football Schedule vs Liberty FlamesCamping World Stadium, Orlando, FL7:30pm ETESPNL 37-34(OT)

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
With the Coastal Carolina #1QB being out of the game today, and them being toasted by JMU, does that mean the offense is really predicated on the quarterback?

Screenshot_20221126-203641.png

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
With the Coastal Carolina #1QB being out of the game today, and them being toasted by JMU, does that mean the offense is really predicated on the quarterback?
Getting held under 200 yards is definitely concerning to me. I’m a fan, but one thing Johnson’s teams always did pretty well was be fairly robust against a single injury, other than the non-option 3rd-string Booker against Gardner Webb in year 1.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Good evening, There’s rumors going around that BOB is making a late push to get the job but those reports/rumors aren’t even close to true. BOB is trying to get back to the NFL and I dont even know if he would even take the job if offered.
Maybe ADJB started that rumor to keep the new contract offer to the actual coach more reasonable; competition, options and all.
:unsure:

JKMSJ

Jolly Good Fellow
Good evening, There’s rumors going around that BOB is making a late push to get the job but those reports/rumors aren’t even close to true. BOB is trying to get back to the NFL and I dont even know if he would even take the job if offered.
So who do you think will be our next head coach?

Lightbulb

Jolly Good Fellow
Getting held under 200 yards is definitely concerning to me. I’m a fan, but one thing Johnson’s teams always did pretty well was be fairly robust against a single injury, other than the non-option 3rd-string Booker against Gardner Webb in year 1.

I still remember that 10-7 barn burner. Booker did the best he could and we did get the W

SunBum

Georgia Tech Fan
That's something I commented on a hundred or more pages back. Seems to me that BO'B is/wants to be an NFL guy. If he were to come here, or anywhere else, I think he'd always have one eye watching for an NFL opening...

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
And the loss of Nesbitt against VT?

Did that mean that our offense was really predicated on the quarterback?

Creative

Georgia Tech Fan
You don't like teams that don't hurt themselves, has high level QB play, good special teams, and competent OLs and DLs? Sign me up for that all day long because that's O'Brien's teams.
Correct, people just say that because it’s something to say. Why would anyone not want the Alabama OC that was HC at PSU with below avg PSU players. It’s just something to say. Silliness

Creative

Georgia Tech Fan
That's something I commented on a hundred or more pages back. Seems to me that BO'B is/wants to be an NFL guy. If he were to come here, or anywhere else, I think he'd always have one eye watching for an NFL opening...
Wow really? If he we had a coach that was hired away to the NFL, would that be after 3 3 win seasons in a row? Tech comment section. It’s fantastic. Haha.