HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Let me see if I can summarize the past 20 pages of updates…
  • We’ll announce our hire after the game
  • or on Monday
  • We already have a contract and have for a while
  • Actually, we don’t have a contract and we haven’t interviewed anyone yet
  • Batt and Cabrera are playing this close to the vest, with just the search committee involved, and nothing is leaking
  • but boosters are controlling the process
  • We’re serious this time around
  • but if we don’t hire my choice we’re going cheap and we don’t care about sports
  • Parker Executive Search didn’t actually come up with a list of good candidate profiles—they just came up with three names, including our interim head coach. It was scrawled in crayon on the back of an IHOP children’s menu
  • This is a terrible job, and no one wants it.
  • There is something wrong with the people who have been lobbying for this job, because it’s a terrible job, and if they were good coaches they wouldn’t lobby for it.
  • If Deion comes here, we’ll have an entire class of 5* athletes, but he’ll leave for the NFL 8 weeks later
  • We don’t want Deion though, because we don’t care about recruiting.
  • If we hire Chadwell, we’ve given up and we won’t have a defense or any recruits. We’ll also go on probation for something that he didn’t do. Also, all of our players will transfer out to schools that play better football.
  • If we hire Key, no one wanted the job, and we’ve given up on football. We’ll have years of mediocrity.
  • Any coach who doesn’t beat his athletes with a spiked bat is Collins 2.0.
  • If the coach cares about recruiting, they’re also Collins 2.0
  • It doesn’t matter, we’re doomed.
Did I miss anything?

End Of The World Oops GIF by The Gregory Brothers
Are we going to have a test on this tonight ?

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
IHOP > Waffle House

This is blasphemy. I hope the mods here see this and do what IS right. Waffle House is a southern instituition and it's name was not tarnished amongst its true believers by any association whatsoever with the guy who coached here before Key. Mods, I trust that this WILL be handled appropriately. With that bobongo, thanks for your contributions here.

:p

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
This is blasphemy. I hope the mods here see this and do what IS right. Waffle House is a southern instituition and it's name was not tarnished amongst its true believers by any association whatsoever with the guy who coached here before Key. Mods, I trust that this WILL be handled appropriately. With that bobongo, thanks for your contributions here.

And let's be honest, TFG isn't even in the top 10 for weirdest, akwardest, used car salesmanish type person, or even biggest loser to sit down at a WaHo in the last 30 minutes.
My cousin works in the security camera dept for the company nation wide. The stories he tells will make a sailor blush and Las Vegas hooker say that ain't right.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

And, lets be honest, the execution of @bobongo was something we all saw coming eventually.

;)

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
The thing is, I'm not sure others see the same as you. I'm not looking to prosecute the Dustin Vaitekunas incident at Tech or the Ereck Plancher incident at UCF, but my experience is a jury verdict isn't worth the paper it's written on. I think most attorneys will agree that a jury verdict and the truth have very little in common.
There is a solid reason why the ancient statue representing justice wears a blindfold. Justice is blind.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
And let's be honest, TFG isn't even in the top 10 for weirdest, akwardest, used car salesmanish type person, or even biggest loser to sit down at a WaHo in the last 30 minutes.
My cousin works in the security camera dept for the company nation wide. The stories he tells will make a sailor blush and Las Vegas hooker say that ain't right.

Life at 3 AM in a WaHo has to be experienced to be believed. It is not something that can simply be explained to others. As an aside, I can't picture any more stressful a job than being a cook at a crowded WH.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Life at 3 AM in a WaHo has to be experienced to be believed. It is not something that can simply be explained to others. As an aside, I can't picture any more stressful a job than being a cook at a crowded WH.
I can. Being the person that has to clean the restrooms.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
And, lets be honest, the execution of @bobongo was something we all saw coming eventually.

;)
@kgo1, despite your many PM's over the years calling for his head on a platter, I and my compadres were steadfast in resistance to your relentless pressure for action. Yeah, you ARE a big $ donor here at the Swarm. But right is right and we can't have too many cooks in the kitchen We knew your threats to withhold donations were merely bluffs. However, a dig against Waho, especially one as egregious as ranking beneath the !*)^, can not go unpunished!!!! You may get your wish after all kg.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Hey, if the morons down in Starkville have their say, Mike Leach might be available. Apparantly the guy who will probably finish as the SEC career leader in Passing Yards and Passing touchdowns is a problem and holding them back, despite just finishing 8-4 with literally the toughest schedule in the country and beating their arch rival on Turkey Day.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Hey, if the morons down in Starkville have their say, Mike Leach might be available. Apparantly the guy who will probably finish as the SEC career leader in Passing Yards and Passing touchdowns is a problem and holding them back, despite just finishing 8-4 with literally the toughest schedule in the country and beating their arch rival on Turkey Day.

I’d take Mike Leach in a second. Would be like an air raid version of CPJ.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Everybody loves Leach but, to me, the juice ain't worth the squeeze.

His specialty is taking a should-be-bad team, eeking out average seasons, then basking in the glow of folks mesmerized by 'gee how'd he win 7-8 games at Wash St.'?

GT should be better than that and nothing in his history tells me he can do better than that.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Tell me who it is. I got my reputation riding on predicting this thing correctly.

#Still100%
It'll cost you, and I don't think you could afford it. This info is gold! Waiting it out for the highest bidder. Besides, you should just keep your wallet in your hip pocket. Some reputations can't be saved...