HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
It may be time to call the Big Ten and beg for an invite. If they say “yes, effective when the ACC GOR goes away or expires”, the GTAA could borrow enough to pay a good coach and structure a deferred payment plan on the loan in anticipation of the increased Big Ten payouts.

NorthAvenueNation

Jolly Good Fellow
Tier 1 - Dion & Urban
Tier 2 - Chadwell & Freeze
Tier 3 - Dell McGee & Godsey

All IMO of course. I’d personally love to have Dion or Chadwell; but can see arguments against either being valid. Whatever we do, let’s just get it right this time!

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
retreads:
Billy O (think he might get a better offer)
Mullen
Gus

Young guns:
Chadwell
Jeff Lebby
Jim Leonhard
Brad White

Good older coords:
Todd Monken
Robert Anae

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
I threw out Doug Belk, Houston, in a separate thread. Some local connections.

I also would be interested in interviewing Ron Roberts, Baylor, DC. Successful HC at Division II Delta State and FCS Southeastern Louisiana, 89-45 overall. Ready for his close up.

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
retreads:
Billy O (think he might get a better offer)
Mullen
Gus

Young guns:
Chadwell
Jeff Lebby
Jim Leonhard
Brad White

Good older coords:
Todd Monken
Robert Anae
Anae would be interesting..speaking of the old UVA staff, would anyone think Bronco Mendenhall would be an interesting candidate? I always thought he was a good coach

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Clayton White, USCe DC, would also be an interesting interview.

If Deion is truly interested, we should listen. It'd be quite the script change from where we are.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Instead of recycling the same names I'll post some under the radar guys to keep the discussion fresh:

Mike Bloomgren at Rice depending on how the season goes. If he goes 6-6 I would consider him. Rice is like a CUSA Duke with high academic standards and very little football history or fan/alum support and a lot of instate programs to compete with. He took one of the hardest jobs in the country and went (ignoring the Covid season) 2-11, 3-9, 4-8, and is 2-2 right now after a close loss to a Houston team that's basically their UGA in terms of a rival that spends way more than you and out-recruits you by miles. He was OC for Stanford during their glory years and things sort of fell apart for them after he left. Downside is I think everyone wants an explosive high octane offense and he is very much a run first, dominate with big OL guy with West Coast Offense passing concepts and 22 personnel. If nothing else we should look at their AD who also came from Stanford, he got Rice into the AAC starting next year and his first basketball hire got poached by VCU so he has some chops for hiring for basketball as well.

I think we need to look at someone who has been/is successful at a place that is close to Tech because I feel Geoff's failure was that he tried to turn us into something we were never going to be. Bloomgren's "intellectual brutality" approach is probably more in line with what Tech fans want to hear in pressers and slogans and not the stuff Geoff was selling us.