Haynes King Update: How Do We Feel About Him?

gameface

Jolly Good Fellow
Don’t wanna derail too much but I’m into the whiskey clear and can’t resist. It’s almost harder to go to college for 6 years and NOT get a degree than it is to get one. Especially for a football player. They get the most academic support and coddling of everyone on campus, especially a place like uGA. If you’ve been on a college campus for 6 years and haven’t gotten an undergraduate degree, you do not deserve to be eligible to play sports. You’re actually just wasting taxpayer dollars in that case and should have to forfeit your SCHOLARship.

So glad King fits into GT culture so well. Makes it even easier to root for him. Same with CBK. He gets Tech, and isn’t trying to do anything to change who we are or what we do. He just wants to embrace it. Brent Key wants GEORGIA TECH to have a good football team. He doesn’t just want to have 85 dudes out there that couldn’t give a rip about the school and the people they’re representing. King is fully bought into that mindset as well, and it seems like a good chunk of the team is too.
I once dated a woman who graduated from UGA who had 110 extra hours when she graduated. Her daddy kept putting money in her checking account and she stayed in school to party.

devcon

Georgia Tech Fan
IMG_5470.jpeg

Flajacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Don’t wanna derail too much but I’m into the whiskey clear and can’t resist. It’s almost harder to go to college for 6 years and NOT get a degree than it is to get one. Especially for a football player. They get the most academic support and coddling of everyone on campus, especially a place like uGA. If you’ve been on a college campus for 6 years and haven’t gotten an undergraduate degree, you do not deserve to be eligible to play sports. You’re actually just wasting taxpayer dollars in that case and should have to forfeit your SCHOLARship.

So glad King fits into GT culture so well. Makes it even easier to root for him. Same with CBK. He gets Tech, and isn’t trying to do anything to change who we are or what we do. He just wants to embrace it. Brent Key wants GEORGIA TECH to have a good football team. He doesn’t just want to have 85 dudes out there that couldn’t give a rip about the school and the people they’re representing. King is fully bought into that mindset as well, and it seems like a good chunk of the team is too.
I’ve wondered how he managed to pull off that stunt.

I thought there was a requirement that you had to be making progress toward a degree to maintain eligibility.

Where is Jan Kemp when you need her?

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
I’ve wondered how he managed to pull off that stunt.

I thought there was a requirement that you had to be making progress toward a degree to maintain eligibility.

Where is Jan Kemp when you need her?
I would love to see the details of how uga kept Stetson eligible by complying with the NCAA's "progress toward degree" requirements. Didn't we get burned by that rule when we changed to semesters?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
On our lads Bo Nix will be 24 on Feb 5 th 2024.
He has started 60 games.

wiki
King was injured right leg in first year. He will be 24 on jan 4, 2024.

Maybe he gets a covid year in addition to redshirt.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Probably why he and Weinke get along so well.

Yeah they be out there comparing 401k plans 'n sh*t.

Seriously though, I was always jealous when we played BYU and they got 43 year-olds across the lines 'n sh*t. Everybody over there got grown man skrength. No surprise they controlled the LOS.

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah they be out there comparing 401k plans 'n sh*t.

Seriously though, I was always jealous when we played BYU and they got 43 year-olds across the lines 'n sh*t. Everybody over there got grown man skrength. No surprise they controlled the LOS.
Did you ever hear about the carpool lane at BYU’s practices? Their kids would pick them up so they could study on the way home.

slugboy

Staff member

Well, Travis did gruesomely break a leg…

The other guys have no excuse—they just got beat. Imagine if our OL was blocking as well at the beginning of the season as they were at the end—we’d have had a few more wins and some more passing TDs.